The Office of Academic Success is
responsible for providing services to promote academic achievement.
The staff members work with faculty and students to identify key content
in their coursework that can be reinforced through support services
such as peer tutoring, one-on-one meetings, and workshops. Services
offered by the Office of Academic Success include:
- One-on-one Academic Counseling
- The staff meets with students to discuss their academic status. These
meetings are by appointment and often occur based on the referral of a
- Academic Resources and Referrals
- Students may obtain information on a variety of topics, including time
management, test preparation, and note-taking. This information may be
delivered in individual meetings or group settings. The staff also
assists students in identifying and connecting with other campus
- Peer Tutoring - Peer Tutors are trained to
assist students with coursework by helping them gain a better
understanding of the material. Tutoring is offered for the following
subjects: biology, chemistry, foreign languages, physics and psychology.
Assistance is also available for accounting, mathematics and writing.
The hours during which tutors are available may vary each semester.
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Hendrix College is committed to providing “reasonable accommodation,”
in keeping with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1992. Students requesting
accommodations should contact Academic Success at 450-1204 to make an
appointment and begin the review process. Additional information appears
elsewhere in the Catalog under “Students with Disabilities.”