Catalog 2015-2016

Academic Appeals

A student who wishes to appeal a policy or decision by the Office of Academic Affairs concerning interpretations of, or exceptions to, rules, procedures or decisions governing registration in courses and the management of academic records must make that appeal to the Committee on Academic Appeals. Examples of such appeals would include an appeal to drop a course with no mark after the no mark deadline or an appeal to withdraw from a course with a W after the W deadline.

To pursue such an appeal, the student should submit a formal petition in writing to the Registrar or to the Chair of the Academic Appeals Committee. This appeal should state the specific request being made and include some explanation of the situation relating to the request. The Registrar will forward the student’s petition to the Committee on Academic Appeals, which will review and rule on the appeal. The Committee will notify the student of the decision. Committee decisions are final.

The Committee on Academic Appeals does not hear appeals concerning grades (other than I, W or WE). Course grade issues are covered in the previous section under Academic Grievances.

Question about the Catalog?