is primarily the responsibility of the student. Hendrix Public Safety Officers
make regular rounds checking residential facilities’ exterior doors. Tampering
or disabling exterior door security/access systems will result in conduct
action. For your safety and the safety of others, please follow these
- Do not prop or block exit doors or doors leading to fire
exits and/or fire escapes.
- Close any door that you find propped open. (After doors
have been propped a certain amount of time, a loud alarm will sound.)
- Do not allow strangers to enter the residential facilities.
- Escort guests at all times while in the residential
- Report any unescorted nonresidents to Public Safety.
- Report any security issues to the Residence Life staff and
- Close and lock all
doors when leaving your room/apartment and residential facility.