Student Handbook

Keys and Lockouts and ID Cards

Room Keys   Each resident is issued one room key. The key is not transferable; the reproduction of keys to the halls and the unauthorized possession, loaning or distribution of any Hendrix College key is prohibited. When a room key is lost, you will be charged a fee, which will automatically cover the cost to change the room lock and key. If a new key is issued and the original key is found, no refunds will be made.

If you lock yourself out of your room, please follow these steps in the order they are listed. 

            1. Call your roommate(s).

            2. Ask your RA to open your door. 

            3. Ask another RA in the building. Between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m., ask the RA on duty.

            4. Ask your Area Coordinator. Between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays, you can stop by the Residence Life Office.

            5. Call Public Safety at 450-7711.

ID Cards.  Your student ID card will allow you to access the exterior door of your residential building (except for College owned apartments, Language House or Eco-House). All residence halls have been wired with a keyless card reader entry system. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying the card readers, motion sensors, and door alarms is a serious issue that may impact the safety and well-being of students. Students found damaging or tampering with card readers or alarms will be subject to conduct action.

Students are required to carry their identification cards, which are issued free of charge when entering Hendrix College, at all times and to produce or surrender them when requested by College officials. Student ID cards are the property of Hendrix College and are a primary means of maintaining a secure campus environment. They may not be transferred to another person or possessed by another person.

When an ID card is lost, a new card will be issued for a fee of $25.00. ID cards which have broken will be replaced at no cost, provided the student is able to turn in the pieces of the original card.

Student Handbook Contact Info

Jim Wiltgen
Dean of Students
(501) 450-1222

Michael Le Blanc
Assistant Dean of Students
Director of the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
(501) 450-1222

De Ann Huett
Administrative Assistant  
(501) 450-1222