The Hendrix International/Intercultural Studies Committee (I/ISC) approves all students for study abroad. This includes students studying through Hendrix programs, Hendrix-affiliated programs, and external or independent programs.
The process begins with an application submitted to the Office of International Programs. The application requires:
- basic student information
- the approval of the student's academic advisor
- a list of courses the student will take for the next two years
- a short essay
- two recommendation forms (one of which must be from a Hendrix professor)
- a signed waiver which allows the committee to check the student's records
Monday, November 4th, 2019
This deadline is for students applying for Summer 2020, Full Year 2020-2021, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021 study abroad programs.
All applications need to be submitted to the Office of International Programs (SLTC 243).
The Committee on International and Intercultural Studies will review the applications and notify students before the Thanksgiving break. For many programs, getting approved for study abroad from Hendrix is the first phase of the process. Often times, students will need to submit an additional application and paperwork for the second phase of the application process.
Click here to download the 2020-2021 Hendrix study away application.