For information on financial aid and scholarships, visit the Office of Financial Aid Web site.
SUMMARY OF STUDENT FINANCIAL POLICIES
A late payment fee of $100.00 will be added for payments received later than the stated due dates specified below.
Student fees, for the entire year or portion of the year for which the student is enrolled, are due and payable to complete registration. However, the College Plan provides for payment of the annual student fees in two installments in accordance with the following schedule:
Fall Semester Charges
Spring Semester Charges
- A student's account that is not paid in full by the due date will be regarded as delinquent. A student whose account is delinquent is not permitted to enroll in classes, drop or add courses, or receive diplomas or transcripts until the account is cleared. The student may also be dropped from classes, asked to leave college housing, and will not be allowed to dine in the cafeteria. This action will not free the student from his or her financial obligation for costs already incurred.
- It is the responsibility of the student and the parents of the student who receive financial assistance from the College and/or from outside sources, to see that proper papers have been executed with the Hendrix College Office of Financial Aid by the due dates in order to avoid late fees. Funds from grants and Hendrix Scholarships cannot be credited to the student's account until all required information is received. Outside scholarships and loans are credited when the money is received and will be shown as payments received at that time. Questions pertaining to financial aid should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid.
- No credit is given on a student's account for work-study wages. Wages are paid monthly to the student as earned. The student may apply all or part of the wages toward tuition and fees, but this will not postpone the due dates for payment.
- Additional charges, fines and penalties may be billed separately to students and can be viewed on the student's campus web account.
- Deposits for office/lab keys is $20 and are refundable when the key is returned.
- The cost of books varies depending on the courses taken, but runs approximately $1,100 per year.
- Students withdrawing or taking a leave of absence at any time during the year must go through the proper withdrawal or leave process.
- Please refer to the College catalog for the refund policy on tuition, room and board.
- The Cashier, located across from the Registrar's suite, will cash a student's personal check, a Hendrix issued check, or a check from a family member, with proper ID, up to $50 per day when cash is available.
- The Cashier's Window hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please note the cashier's window closes at 3:30 p.m. during the summer months.
- A student's campus check writing privileges will be revoked if three or more checks are returned. Hendrix reserves the right to request payments by money order, cashier's check, or certified check on revoked accounts. The charge for a returned check is $30, which is billed to the student's account.
- Any questions related to a student's account may be mailed to the Bursar in the Office of Business & Finance at 1600 Washington Ave., Conway, AR 72032. The Director of Student Accounts may also be reached by phone at (501) 450-1336.
Hendrix College reserves the right to adjust any of these costs without notice.