Based on the Hendrix faculty’s longtime awareness of the educational value of engaged learning, the Odyssey Program was implemented in the fall of 2005 to encourage all Hendrix students to embark on educational adventures in experiential learning. While the graduation requirement includes the
completion of an approved experience in at least three of the six Odyssey categories, the Program importantly allows students to learn more about themselves and the world around them. For more information, visit the
Odyssey Program Info Hub.
Below you will find examples of ways students pursuing a major or minor in this department or program have encountered Odyssey. Remember that these are only suggested opportunities; students are encouraged to propose their own creative Odyssey projects. Further, Odyssey experiences do not need
to be related to your major or minor.
Established Pathways to Odyssey through the Major
- Most TART and DANC courses carry are coded for AC
- Participation in a Hendrix Theatre Arts production or Dance Ensemble
- TARA 21, 22, 23, 24 combined for a full credit
Additional Examples of Past Odyssey Experiences
- Accademia ‘dell Arte (Rogers, Courtway)
- Study Abroad (Courtway)
- Career Services Internships (TART, DANC faculty members,
- Participation in ACDA (Rogers)