Based on the Hendrix faculty’s longtime awareness of the educational value of engaged learning, the Odyssey Program was implemented in the fall of 2005 to encourage all Hendrix students to embark on educational adventures in experiential learning. While the graduation requirement includes
the completion of an approved experience in at least three of the six Odyssey categories, the Program importantly allows students to learn more about themselves and the world around them. For more information, visit the
Odyssey Program Info Hub.
Below you will find examples of ways students pursuing a major or minor in this department or program have encountered Odyssey. Remember that these are only suggested opportunities; students are encouraged to propose their own creative Odyssey projects. Further, Odyssey experiences do not need
to be related to your major or minor.
Additional Examples of Past Odyssey Experiences
- Faculty led summer study-abroad program: Hendrix-in-Shanghai
- Faculty led trip example: “China Film Odyssey”
- Example projects created by students:
- “Experiencing Mao”: Chinese Chairman Mao Zedong’s life and history
- “Journey to the East”: Chinese medicine
- Translation project with Dr. Wenjia Liu