Thank you for your interest
in becoming a Resident Assistant!
Resident Assistants (RAs) are student leaders that make a huge difference
at Hendrix, and we commend you for seeking to take up such a role within the
residential community. RAs are trained on a variety of topics in order to
prepare them for the challenges that they may encounter in their position.
While dealing with the “tough
stuff” is a necessary part of the job, RAs benefit greatly from their
experience. Not only do they get a
single room at the rate of a double, Odyssey credit, and a monetary stipend,
but RAs also gain valuable experience outside of the classroom. RAs are also part of a greater staff, both
peer and professional, that is committed to supporting and encouraging each
individual as they tackle each aspect of their role.
Resident Assistant Job Responsibilities
Resident Assistant Recommendation Form
Submitting an application is
your first step in applying to be an RA.
There are several other steps you must complete in order to be
considered as an RA candidate. Listed
below is a checklist to be completed before your application process is
All Application Materials are due Monday, February 20, 2023.
- Complete your RA Application by doing the following:
- Complete an application information here. You will submit your current resume at the end of the application.
- Have two professional/personal recommendation forms be submitted on your behalf
- Online Recommendation Form link can be found above
- Attend the mandatory RA Info Sessions
- Thursday, February 16 at 11:15am - 12:00pm- SLTC 105
- Attend the mandatory Group Processing/Interview Day on Saturday, February 25, 2023.
If you have any questions
about the process or the application, please email email@example.com, call 501-450-1416, or stop by the Residence Life Suite on the second floor of the SLTC. We look forward to reading your application and meeting you at Group Processing.
-The Residential Life Office Staff