Thank you for your interest
in becoming a Resident Assistant!
Resident Assistants (RAs) are student leaders that make a huge difference
at Hendrix, and we commend you for seeking to take up such a role within the
residential community. RAs are trained on a variety of topics in order to
prepare them for the challenges that they may encounter through their position.
While dealing with the “tough
stuff” is a necessary part of the job, RAs benefit greatly from their
experience. Not only do they get a
single room at the rate of a double, Odyssey credit, and a monetary stipend,
but RAs also gain valuable experience outside of the classroom. RAs are also part of a greater staff, both
peer and professional, that is committed to supporting and encouraging each
individual as they tackle each aspect of their role.Resident Assistant Job Responsibilities
Picking up an application is
your first step in applying to be an RA.
There are several other steps you must complete in order to be
considered as an RA candidate. Listed
below is a checklist to be completed before your application process is
Complete your application by doing the following:
- Completely fill
out application information here by February 8th at 5:00 pm.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8th at 5:00 pm.
- Submit two
personal/professional recommendation forms to the Residence Life Office by February 15th at 5:00 pm.
- Group Process will take place on February 11th at 9AM in DW 10.
- If you cannot attend Group Process, please email email@example.com your reasoning and sign up for an interview time on the Residence Life bulletin board in our suite on the second floor of the SLTC.
Information Sessions will be in the SLTC room 106 on the following date and times:
- Sunday, January 29th. Location and Time TBA.
- Tuesday, January 31st at 4:30PM in Bates Dining Hall
- Friday, February 3rd at 4:30PM in Bates Dining Hall
Decision letters will be sent out by February 17th and will be due by February 24th at 5:00 pm to the Residence Life Office.
If you have any questions
about the process or the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 450-1416, or stop by the Residence Life Suite on the second floor of the SLTC. We look forward to reading your application and meeting you during the interview process!
-The Residence Life Office Staff