Information in this section is designed to promote effective leadership both within academic departments and across the college and to facilitate the creation of a collaborative working environment.
- Heifetz, R. A., 1998, Leadership without easy answers, Harvard University Press.
- Heifetz, R. A. and Linsky, M., 2002, Leadership on the line: Staying alive through the dangers of leading, Harvard Business Review Press.
- Higgerson, M. L., 1996, Communication Skills for Department Chairs. Bolton, MA: Anker Publishing,
- Holterhoff, S., 2014, Strategies for Implementing a Strategic Plan: Making Sure Your Plan Doesn't End Up on the Shelf - http://www.aallnet.org/sections/all/storage/newsletter/Articles/212/strategic.html
(NOTE: some material in this section was taken directly from this resource.)
- How to Make Strategic Planning Implementation Work - http://humanresources.about.com/od/ strategicplanning1/a/implement_plan.htm
- Implementing a Vision: Strategy, Tactics and Business Plan - http://classes.soe.ucsc.edu/ism158/ Winter03/istcch08.PPT
- Parks, S. D., 2005, Leadership can be taught: A bold approach for a complex world, Harvard Business Review Press.
- SWOT Analysis Resource Page - http://www.isu.edu/acadaff/swot/
- SWOT analysis for schools|education|colleges|universities - http://rapidbi.com/swot-analysis-for-schools-and-education/
NOTE: Some material in this section taken and modified with permission for the DePauw Univerisity Deptchairpedia project.