Please note that the following guidelines may change with the COVID-19 directives given by Hendrix College. For up-to-date guidelines and procedures please check back at this site periodically or you may contact Jenn McCracken at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hendrix College Wellness and Athletics Center are open under the following guidelines.
Please refrain from visiting if you have felt ill and/or had a temperature of 100.4 in the last 2 days. This includes cough, sore throat, upset stomach, etc.
We recommend wearing a face mask if you have a compromised immune system and welcome anyone who voluntarily wears a mask during times when masks aren't required. The college will follow CDC guidelines on masking.
- No members under the age of 16 years will be allowed in the facility without the supervision of a guardian who is also a member. (On the initial visit back members 16-17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.)
- All persons entering the WAC must swipe their ID card.
- Personal training clients will be signed in by the front desk staff.
Sanitizing wipes are located throughout the fitness center. The facility is being sanitized regularly with CDC approved cleaning supplies.
Equipment should be cleaned before and after use by members and personal training clients.
Staff will circulate to clean equipment on an ongoing basis.
Showers and locker rooms are open for member use however, towels will not be provided.
Restrooms and toilet areas will be sanitized at regular intervals daily. The disinfecting solutions used are not harmful however, may have bleaching qualities and leave surfaces wet.
As always, there will be a limited group exercise schedule. Please talk to the front desk about any classes that may be taking place..
It is recommended that personal training clients discuss specific questions with their clients prior to their first session back.
Towels will not be provided at this time. We recommend members and guests to bring their own towels to use during workouts.
NOTE: The guidelines stated here are not all inclusive. Amendments may be made to the guidelines at any time as deemed necessary. For all questions regarding interpretation of our guidelines, the decision of the Hendrix College administration is final.
Access to the WAC:
- Current Hendrix students, faculty and staff will gain access to the WAC by presenting their “One Card” at the Control Desk.
- Community members will be issued a similar ID card that must be presented at the Control Desk.
- Access to the WAC will be denied if a member does not have his/her ID card when checking in.
- I.D. cards may not be shared. Anyone found using someone else’s card will be asked to leave the facility. This rule violation may result in a membership termination or long-term membership suspension.
- Individuals are responsible for their belongings. The WAC is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen property.
- Members and guests must comply with all rules and regulations as posted on this website and/or on signage throughout the WAC. Failure to comply with WAC policies and guidelines may result in the termination or suspension of WAC membership.
- No bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, baby strollers or pets allowed in the WAC.
- Please wipe down the equipment in the cardio and strength areas after you are finished with the machine.
- Strength Room: members must re-rack their weights after they are finished with their sets.
- The WAC cannot guarantee the security of valuables, books, IPods, bags or other personal articles.
- Appropriate athletic attire required. No street shoes, jeans, cargo pants, sandals, flip flops or bare feet permitted.
- Only closed toe athletic shoes allowed.
- Workout gear should be comfortable, yet moderate in taste.
- T-shirts or tank tops must be worn at all times. (except in the pool)
- Crop tops are permitted as long as they are below elbow length.
- Cutoff shirts are permitted as long as the opening is above elbow length.
Food, Beverage and Tobacco Policy:
In order to maintain the cleanliness of the facility, the following policies will be enforced:
- No tobacco usage allowed on WAC property. This applies to smoking, dipping and chewing of tobacco products.
- Consumption of illegal drugs and alcohol on WAC property will result in termination of WAC membership in addition to a receiving a visit from a Public Safety Officer.
- No food or gum allowed in the gymnasiums, strength and cardio room, Movement Room and Indoor Track. Exceptions will be made in the gym areas for concession sales during athletic contests such as basketball and volleyball.
- Water must be contained in a sports bottle with a resealable lid.