Please note that the following guidelines may change with the COVID-19 directives given by the governor and by Hendrix College. For up-to-date guidelines and procedures please check back at this site periodically or you may contact Jenn McCracken at email@example.com.
WELLNESS AND ATHLETICS CENTER & AQUATIC CENTER REOPENING RESTRICTIONS AND GUIDELINES
The Hendrix College Wellness and Athletics Center are open under the following guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Successfully reopening the Hendrix College Wellness and Athletics Center depends on respecting and complying with the following operational changes as well as showing courtesy to our staff and your fellow members. We must all recognize that the WAC environment will be changed for some time to come and by all working together, we can make it enjoyable and safe.
Pre-entry screening will be required for anyone entering the WAC.
ALL persons entering the WAC will have their temperature checked before entering. Anyone with a temperature of > 100.4 will be denied entry. We recommend not exercising before entering.
Please stay 6 feet away from others when approaching the entrance and while waiting to be screened. Remain this distance at check-in of the facility as well.
Entry will be denied to the WAC if you answer YES to any of the following questions:
- Have had a fever of 100.4 or greater in the last 2 days?
- Have returned from a known COVID-19 hot spot in the past 10 days?
- Are currently experiencing symptoms of a cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell?
- Have had contact with a person who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have a compromised immune system and/or chronic disease?
Please remember that if you are 65 years of age or older you are considered high risk for contracting COVID-19.
Requirements for entering the WAC
- Masks covering the mouth and nose are required at all times while inside the WAC with the exception of high intensity exercise.
- Shirts pulled over the face are not considered as approved masks
- No members under the age of 16 years will be allowed in the facility without the supervision of a guardian who is also a member. (On the initial visit back members 16-17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.)
- Entry into the WAC will be done through the front door. Exiting through the front doors is permitted.
- The North and East doors will be utilized for exiting only.
- Reentry of the facility must be done through the front door unless you are entering through the back lobby after utilizing the track.
- All persons entering the WAC must swipe their ID card.
- Personal training clients will be signed in by the front desk staff.
FITNESS CENTER / RECREATION GYMS / OUTDOOR TRACK:
12 feet of social distancing is required when exercising. Personal contact is not allowed among members outside of the same family.
At this time, the outdoor track is open for walking/jogging and utilization for personal training.
Please bring your own sanitized mat if you wish to use one.
Equipment should be cleaned before and after use by members and personal training clients.
Staff will circulate to clean equipment on an ongoing basis.
Sanitizing wipes are located throughout the fitness center. The facility is being sanitized regularly with CDC approved cleaning supplies.
Maintain 6 feet of social distancing when in the restrooms and limit personal interaction.
Masks must be worn at all times in the restrooms.
Showers and locker rooms are now open for member use however, towels will not be provided.
Restrooms and toilet areas will be sanitized at regular intervals daily. The disinfecting solutions used are not harmful however, may have bleaching qualities and leave surfaces wet.
As always, there will be a limited group exercise schedule. Please talk to the front desk about any classes that may be taking place.
The movement studio will be closed for member use until further notice.
Personal trainers will wear a mask at all times during training sessions.
It is recommended that personal training clients discuss specific questions with their clients prior to their first session back.
Mats will not be provided therefore we encourage personal training clients to bring one from home.
The recreation gyms are open for individual member use. Basketball pick-up games and are suspended at this time to discourage personal contact. The recreation gyms may be used for personal training and other programming.
Towels will not be provided at this time. We recommend members and guests to bring their own towels to use during workouts.
SEATING IN COMMON AREAS:
Couches and chairs have been removed at this time.
NOTE: The guidelines stated here are not all inclusive. Amendments may be made to the guidelines at any time as deemed necessary. For all questions regarding interpretation of our guidelines, the decision of the Hendrix College administration is final.
Access to the WAC:
- Current Hendrix students, faculty and staff will gain access to the WAC by presenting their “One Card” at the Control Desk.
- Community members will be issued a similar ID card that must be presented at the Control Desk.
- Access to the WAC will be denied if a member does not have his/her ID card when checking in.
- I.D. cards may not be shared. Anyone found using someone else’s card will be asked to leave the facility. This rule violation may result in a membership termination or long-term membership suspension.
- Individuals are responsible for their belongings. The WAC is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen property.
- Members and guests must comply with all rules and regulations as posted on this website and/or on signage throughout the WAC. Failure to comply with WAC policies and guidelines may result in the termination or suspension of WAC membership.
- No bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, baby strollers or pets allowed in the WAC.
- Please wipe down the equipment in the cardio and strength areas after you are finished with the machine.
- Strength Room: members must re-rack their weights after they are finished with their sets.
- The WAC cannot guarantee the security of valuables, books, IPods, bags or other personal articles.
- Appropriate athletic attire required. No street shoes, jeans, cargo pants, sandals, flip flops or bare feet permitted.
- Only closed toe athletic shoes allowed.
- Workout gear should be comfortable, yet moderate in taste.
- T-shirts or tank tops must be worn at all times. (except in the pool)
- Crop tops are permitted as long as they are below elbow length.
- Cutoff shirts are permitted as long as the opening is above elbow length.
Food, Beverage and Tobacco Policy:
In order to maintain the cleanliness of the facility, the following policies will be enforced:
- No tobacco usage allowed on WAC property. This applies to smoking, dipping and chewing of tobacco products.
- Consumption of illegal drugs and alcohol on WAC property will result in termination of WAC membership in addition to a receiving a visit from a Public Safety Officer.
- No food or gum allowed in the gymnasiums, strength and cardio room, Movement Room and Indoor Track. Exceptions will be made in the gym areas for concession sales during athletic contests such as basketball and volleyball.
- Water must be contained in a sports bottle with a resealable lid.