Offering students the opportunity to seek answers is the mission of the department. To that end we seek to accomplish these learning goals:
- To create an environment that is both rigorous and encouraging,
- To provide direct learning experiences in the classroom and
- To recognize indirect learning experiences outside of the classroom—intellectual, emotional, and physical,
- To understand the need that each culture possesses for self-expression,
- To embrace the collective nature of the discipline.