The study of Theater Arts and Dance requires collaboration, critical thinking, creative thinking, the ability to contextualize theater and dance within the history of the human condition and disciplined work ethic that serves lifelong learning. Methods of instruction within the department are lectures, class discussion, studio classes-demonstration of a skill and instruction for executing the skill; scholarly and creative writing assignments, project assignments and presentations; participation in the production work of the Hendrix Players.
Learning Goals for the Department of Theater Arts and Dance
- Acquire the art and practice of collaboration through developing and production theater and dance performances
- Attain skills and understanding that contribute to lifelong learning
- Contextualize Theater and Dance in the history of the human condition
- Exercise critical thinking skills and intellectual depth by reading, analyzing, producing theater and dance
- Demonstrate commitment with rigor and care through work on productions and in the classroom