Whether you were here in the days of Mrs. Hulen’s plum pudding or the more recent days of the Student Life and Technology Center, the Hendrix College Office of Career Services is here for you. Are you changing careers and looking for help updating a 10- or 20-year-old resume? We can help. Are you hoping to connect with Hendrix students to fill internships at your workplace or provide entry-level jobs for recent graduates? We can help. Are you a recent graduate who needs help with graduate school applications, or help deciding whether graduate school is really the right next step for you? We can help. The Office of Career Services provides all Hendrix alumni with free access to our comprehensive professional services. Please see the information below about ways we interact with alumni, then contact our office if you need or are able to offer assistance in a particular area.
Make a Difference in the Life of a Hendrix Student
- Become a FACT Mentor – We're always looking for help with our Friday Alumni Connection Time (FACT) program. Spend a Friday afternoon meeting one-on-one with students interested in your career field. This is a great, casual way to interact with
current students and provide them with your professional expertise, advice, “I wish I would have’s”, and more. Our students come prepared with questions; you just sit back and share your wisdom. We'll even treat you to lunch in the award-winning Hendrix
Dining Hall! Alumni from all career fields are welcomed and encouraged to participate in this program so we can show our students the breadth of careers available to liberal arts graduates.
- Make 'em sweat! – Volunteer to be a mock interviewer by phone, Skype, or in person. We are always looking for mock interviewers to help our students get a true-to-life "practice experience" prior to their big interview. Whether for graduate school,
jobs, internships, or volunteer experiences, our students need your real-world expertise and feedback. We'd also love your help with resume and cover letter reviews. Students value the advice they receive from alumni and truly appreciate having additional
feedback to supplement that which has already been provided by a Career Services staff member.
- Provide Internship and Professional Experiences – With Hendrix's commitment to engaged learning outside the classroom, more students than ever are seeking internship experiences. Regardless of your location or office size, could you offer a meaningful learning experience for
a great Hendrix student? Our students seek internships during the fall and spring semesters as well as the summer. While school-year interns usually stay close to the Conway area, summer interns go far – from New York and Washington to China and Australia!
We would love to promote internship, shadowing, or other professional experiences with your organization. Email us a detailed description of the internship and we will post that information for students on our online job and internship board, HireHendrix. You may also submit the information via our Share an Opportunity form, or you may register for a free account on HireHendrix and post the information online yourself. Never had an intern? Wondering how that works? We can help you with that, too!
- Hire a Hendrix Student or Alumnus/a – If you have an available full- or part-time opportunity at your workplace, we want to hear about it! Email us a detailed job description and we will post that information for students and alumni on
our online job and internship board, HireHendrix. You may also submit the information via our
Share an Opportunity form, or you may
register for a free account on HireHendrix and post the information online yourself. This is a great way to recruit talented Hendrix students, soon-to-be-graduates, and alumni to your workplace.
- Be Creative – If you have an idea for how you’d like to help Hendrix students that you don’t see listed here, let us know. We would love to have you back on campus to interact with students in whatever capacity works best for you.
Career Guidance for Alumni
We know that current students aren’t the only ones who need career support. We hope you find comfort in knowing that you can continue to use the Office of Career Services and the variety of resources we provide free of charge for the rest of your life.
If you are an alumnus or alumna seeking help, please reference our
Employment Assistance page to learn more about the services we offer.