Tuesday March 27, 2007
6:30 p.m. Mills Library
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns
- Cache Carter – cigarette butts in pecan grove… ashtrays on the table? Right in the middle thing? It is more likely that cigarettes would end up in the ashtray and not on the ground of the pecan grove. Dr. Hardin thinks that’s a good idea.
- Krysti Armstrong notes that the ashtray by Couch table doesn’t help too much because lots of butts are on the ground there.
- Cache Carter – move Spring Break to one week later because of midterms and stuff.
- Debates that professors really just want the midterms to be after Spring Break.
- This might allow families to arrange Spring Break vacations/trips with families better because most other public high schools and colleges have the same Spring Break week (one week after ours).
- SENATORS: get feedback from constituents because we will determine whether action will be taken to Academic Integrity or not next week.
- Shelby Harrell – poles at crosswalks around Hendrix campus (similar to UCA’s setup) – a reminder to get things working in this department.
- Harper Zielonko – Clifton still floods… not fun to walk through. Cache will email Physical Plant about this and cigarette butts.
- TIM POTE’S ROUNDTABLE was announced and approved by Senate.
- CACHE CARTER’S ROUNDTABLE was announced and approved by Senate.
IV. Departmental Liaison Reports
- Dylan Moore – Hulen Ambassador
- Tim Pote – IT/Media Center Ambassador
- Lacey Gebhart – Residence Life Ambassador
- Shelby Harrell – Public Safety Ambassador
- Ryan Hughes – Athletic Department Ambassador
- Drew Ritchey – Business Office/Financial Aid Ambassador
- Casey Eddings – Health Services Ambassador
- Cache Carter – Physical Plant Ambassador
- Construction Ambassador TBA
- Senators will get in contact with these departments as Senate comes across issues and needs action to be taken. It is suggested that you contact the departments you will be working with right now, though.
V. Committee Reports
- Multicultural Development Committee with James Tyus
- Last official event for Campus Kitty: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 – Bridget Grey is the Spoken Word Artist
- Tickets for a trip to Las Vegas (Campus Kitty fundraiser) are 1st prize for the raffle-ticket draw-down MDC is hosting. 2nd prize is an iPod Shuffle and tickets are for sale during lunch.
- Social Committee with Valerie Kimbrough
- Sam Jackson is back, posing as Valerie Kimbrough
- April 11th in the Burrow at 9:00 p.m. – Cary Judd will be singing.
- Media Committee with Mandy Munoz
- The Aonian went into print this morning
- Council on Residence Life/Campus Kitty with Harper Zielonko
- Campus Kitty: Events on Hendrix Today email.
- Request for Senators to remind constituents about Miss Hendrix. Tickets will be sold from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 31, 2007. The tickets will be available in the Box Office in Staples Auditorium.
- Students who bought the All-Access Campus Kitty Card will not have to pay for a ticket, but they MUST retrieve the ticket from the Box Office on Saturday.
- Guests and students must have a wristband to get into the party. The guests need to be registered before the night of the after-party, but you CAN get your wristbands that night.
- Don’t forget to go to the Martin Man/Veasey Lady Auction Wednesday, March 28, 2007 in the Burrow from 7:00-11:00 p.m.
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Allison Hammons
- Academic Policy with Katie Pearce
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with BJ Fogleman and Katie Pearce
- Constitutional Review Committee to meet soon.
- Bylaws Changes:
- Senate now has the right to appoint two (2) alternates to College Judicial Council (CJC), Peer Disciplinary Panel (PDP), Traffic Appeals Board (TAB), and Committee on Academic Integrity (CAI).
- The President will no longer appoint the Environmental Concerns Committee Chair
- Environmental Concerns Committee Chair or Co-Chairs will be appointed by Committee on Committees and must be approved by Senate
- Media Committee Chair will be selected by Committee on Committees and must be approved by Senate
- Finance Committee with Samantha Bode
- Discretionary Proposals
- Hendrix Bike Revolution – TABLED
- CCM – APPROVED
- Hendrix Chess Club – APPROVED
- By the way, first annual chess club tournament! Score!
- Communications Committee with Lin Poff
- Pause for group picture.
- Keep sending notes out.
- Committee on Committees with Shlok Vaidya
- Campus Kitty Chair – appointed Hina Mehta
- Welcome Week Chair – appointed Ken Yang
- Social Committee Chair – appointed Sam Jackson
- Multicultural Development Committee Chair – appointed James Murray
- Filing for sub-chairs has opened and closes by Sunday, April 8, 2007
- Executive Committee with Will Green
- Wellness/Athletic Center is still on schedule, opening July 3rd is the plan!
- Governor’s School would not be able to use the WAC either!
- Next Friday is when Housing applications are supposed to begin (tentatively).
VI. Unfinished Business
VII. New Business
VIII. Adjournment until April 3, 2007
Clean up: Martin, Hardin, Couch