Tuesday October 25, 2011
6:30 p.m. Campbell Dinning Room
Student Life and Technology Center
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns
- Remind your constituents about Founders Day – this Thursday!
- Senators can go to Pamela Owens’ office in Fausett for a tshirt.
- Seniors should email Senior Gift suggestions to Daniel Williams this week.
- Cara- talked to Mike Florry, having a separate water container in the cafeteria does not seem feasible. However, they’re looking into pricing for some sore of other water dispenser.
- SENIORS-SIGN UP FOR GRADUATION.
IV. Departmental Liaison Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Emily Canon
- No Shave November campaign to start Nov. 1st- more info available soon
- Glass Update- Village does not have glass recycling
- Food Day Statistic..
- Campus Kitty with Malena Outhay (Robin Brown, proxy)
- CK/Apartment Hall Haunted House this Saturday, October 29 from 9:00 PM - 1:00 AM.The Haunted House will begin with a ride in the sPoOKy freight elevator and will end...with DEATH.
- $2 or a canned food donation for entrance--you can also donate earlier at the CK sun porch table to get a fast pass!
- Entrance will be the north side of the SLTC by the loading dock
- Academic Policy with LaRonda Mitchell
- Faculty seemed to respond very well to the presentation Desh and LaR gave on Wednesday!
- Financial Committee with Clay Christian
- Westphalian Society
- Requested: $90
- Recommended: $90 (fund in full)
- Requested: $50
- Recommended: $50 (fund in full)
- Committee on Everything Awesome with Dean Jim Wiltgen and Dr. Karla Carney-Hall
- Property damage (Hardin sign) The Hardin sign was dug up and stolen from Hardin and traveled around campus this weekend. It was “lost”, but as of 10/26 after a threat for Ghost Roast to be a no-cups event, the sign has been returned.
- Foam in the fountain… it’s EXPEN$IVE and not so eco-friendly to clean out the fountains…
- The Facilities Department is disappointed, and feels both neglected and disrespected by students, due to all the recent intentional damage. ENOUGH WITH THE VANDALISM.
- Ghost Roast
- Be on the lookout for the Dean’s Message but some tips reminders…
- Get your wristband at lunch/dinner today and lunch tomorrow. (If something happens to your wristband, be sure to bring your Hendrix ID to the event)
- Guests must be signed up at lunch/dinner before ghost roast, and must have their ID with them at the event. Guests must check in early.
- Don’t forget the smoking policy—ie no smoking in the Brick Pit.
- Media Committee with Courtney Johnson
- Photoshoot Extravaganza on Friday Check out the FB page for more info.
- Multicultural Development Committee with Calvin Pun
- DIWALI--MDC and ACC will be hosting Hendrix's own celebration of one of South Asia's most important festivals, Diwali (Festival of Lights). Join them from 4-8 p.m. THURSDAY (TONIGHT) in Worsham for a Ganesh and Lakshmi puja and for authentic Indian tea and sweets, making rangolis, and lots of lights.
- Social Committee with Will Phillips
- Thanks to those who came out for Bongo Ball!
- Volunteer Action Committee with Rachel Robbins
- Harvest Fest on Wednesday!
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with Daniel Williams and LaRonda Mitchell
- Communications Committee with Adelia Shiffraw
- Harvest Fest shifts were emailed out last night.
- Exec Office Hours start next week, we will be in the senate office during the following times, encourage constituents to drop by if they have any concerns.
- Monday- Desh 6-8pm
- Tuesday- Laronda 12-1pm, Clay 5-6 pm, Adelia 8-10pm
- Wednesday- Daniel 1:30-5 pm
- Thursday- LaRonda 12-1pm, Gabe 7-9 pm
- Sunday- Clay 4-5pm
- Committee on Committees with Gabe Breshears
- Executive Committee with Desh Deepak
VII. New Business