Tuesday September 6, 2011
6:30 p.m. Campbell Dinning Room
Student Life and Technology Center
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns
- Sprinklers in front of the SLTC seem to be wastefully watering mud, and are in the way of the pathway getting everyone wet.
- Dr. Carney-Hall has already contacted those in charge of this system about their placement. The sprinklers, however, are not just watering mud; there are new grass seedlings in the ground that need the water!
- Sprinklers in front of the Art Complex seem to be only watering the pavement.
- We need to send a work order in about that.
- Annie (Galloway) Can we add Trashcans to the Designated Smoking Areas?
- People are using the ashtrays as trashcans, which is a fire hazard.
- Audrey (Sophomore)
- The Hardin Gazebo is attracting TONS of people, would it be possible to add additional benches around the gazebo near the grill?
- Emily (Raney)
- Raney Girls are still wondering why they can’t bunk their beds.
IV. Departmental Liaison Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Academic Policy with LaRonda Mitchell
- Send LaRonda any concerns to bring to AP meetings!
- Please send any feedback regarding low attendance on Honors Day.
- Financial Committee with Clay Christian
- Discretionary Request from SBC (BBQ)
- Not enough detail (just prices, not amounts), insect repellent (not something FinCom funds…)? Cooking gear, serving utensils (available in the SLTC kitchen).
- FinCom recommends not to accept this proposal, but to have SBC redraft their proposal with additional detail and bring it back to FinCom next week.
- Motion to accept Fincom’s recommendation (Anvesh-Village)
- No objections or abstentions
- Motion passes
- Committee on Everything Awesome with Dean Jim Wiltgen and Dr. Karla Carney-Hall
- There will be a 9/11 Remembrance event on Sunday at 7pm in Worsham
- This will include student musical performances
- Be on the lookout for posters and Communications for more info
- Thursday during lunch students have the opportunity to sign a banner on the Sun Porch which will be sent to a First Responder from who worked in NYC on 9/11
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Emily Canon
- Filling for ECC positions is open. They close this Friday at 7 pm. Contact email@example.com for applications.
- All general meetings will be held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month.
- Glass and free store are still TBD.
- Media Committee with Courtney Johnson
- Filing for Troubadour Associate Editor has been extended to next Wednesday, Sept. 14th. Email Courtney Johnson for an application.
- We are out of 2011 Troubadours. A few have been saved for students currently abroad. After they have had a chance to pick theirs up next semester we will pass out any that are left over.
- Multicultural Development Committee with Calvin Pun
- First meeting is at 8pm on Thursday in Mills
- Campus Kitty with Malena Outhay
- CK applications are out! E-mail Malena Outhay for an application or pick one up on the bulletin board across from the mailboxes. Applications are due Friday at 4pm to Malena.
- Social Committee with Will Phillips
- It's that time of year again where we make an enthusiastic nod to our Greek free lifestyle here at Hendrix. What better way to do that with some heavy competition! So come one come all as we pit dorm against dorm in an event attending royal. Non-dorm livers are also encouraged to compete and attend.
- Tuesday September 13th: Cookout! 7pm Hardin Lawn all attendees earn points for their selected dorm.
- Wednesday September 14th: Lip Sync Off 8:00pm-10:00pm Worsham. Gather a group of your dorm mates (or fly solo) and perform to see who has what it takes to win the prize. Don't live in a dorm? No problem! Make your group and earn points for the dorm of your choice as well as attaining a sweet trophy. Props and costumes as of course encouraged. Sigh up e-mails to KoonAC@hendrix.edu
- Thursday September 15th: Relay Race Starts in the brick pit at 6pm. Make a team of 5 to compete in an eating contest, puzzle solving, and giant water pong! (come dressed to get messy). Sigh up e-mails to Phillipswg@hendrix.edu
- Saturday September 17th: Foam Party. 10-1 Brickpit. Wristband will be handed out Tuesday (Sept 13th) through Friday (Sept 16th) from 11-2 in front of the Caf. They will also be handed out Tuesday-Thursday from 5-7.
- Volunteer Action Committee with Rachel Robbins
- First Service Saturday: EcoFest, Saturday, September 10, email Rachel if you would like to volunteer.
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with Daniel Williams and LaRonda
- Communications Committee with Adelia Shiffraw
- Committee on Committees with Gabe Breshears
- All committees (ie Conduct Committee, etc, have now been notified of their positions, if you have not been notified, you are not on the committee)
- Executive Committee with Desh Deepak
VII. New Business