Tuesday March 18, 2008
6:30 p.m. Mills Library
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
- Introduce everyone to each other!
III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns
IV. Departmental Liaison Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Multicultural Development Committee with James Murray
- Social Committee with Sam Jackson
o Trivia night—Harry Potter theme this Thursday in the Burrow at 8:00 p.m.!
o Dance-A-Thon this Saturday in the WAC; registration starts at 9 p.m.
o April 5th: Campus wide relay; 15 teams, $250 prize for winner; 8-10 persons per team… more information coming soon!
- Volunteer Action Committee with Katie Pratt
- Media Committee with Megan Wooley
- Concert this Friday! Snowglobe opens for Of Montreal; Begins at 8:00 p.m. in the Brick Pit! Wristband policy: can bring only one guest! $5 per person. Come! It is going to ROCK!!! (Dry event… means NO alcohol, sorry!)
- Council on Residence Life with Bob Fureigh
- Campus Kitty with Hina Mehta
- Vagina Monologues 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Cabe Theatre. Be there!
- Campus Kitty Week beings THIS Friday! AWESOME shirts for the week were displayed, designed by the wonderful Layet Johnson!
- Friday: KHDX concert (see above!)
- Saturday: Easter Eggstravaganza in the Pecan Grove at 3-5 p.m.; $2 admission
SoCo Dance-A-thon at the WAC, registration at 9 p.m. and competition begins at 10 p.m. $3 for entry + $4 per two-person team
- Sunday: Mud Volleyball behind the Mabee Center beginning at 1 p.m.; $12/team (deadline to pay and sign up is THIS Friday!) or $1 to watch
Life-size Gaming in Mills A, B, and C from 8-11 p.m.; $3 admission
- Monday-Tuesday (March 24-25): Homeless Vigil at the corner of Siebenmorgan and Harkrider from 4:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.; please bring 1 non-perishable food item or a cash donation… or both!
- Monday (March 24): Poetry Slam in the Burrow at 8 p.m.; $2 admission
- Tuesday (March 25): MDC hosts Comedian Baron Vaughn at 8 p.m. in the Burrow; $3 admission
- Wednesday-Thursday (March 26-27): MegaTwister in the Brick Pit from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; $1 to play!
- Wednesday (March 26): Martin/Veasey Auction in the Burrow 7-10 p.m. $2 to watch, and bring plenty of money to bid!!!
- Thursday (March 27): The Price is Right at 8 p.m. in Reves Recital Hall; $3 for Hendrix students
- Friday (March 28): Red Light Revue 8-11 p.m. at the fountain; $3 admission. Come watch an entertaining and classy talent show!
- Saturday (March 29): MISS HENDRIX at 7:30 p.m. in Staples Auditorium; $12/student, $15/other
MISS HENDRIX AFTER-PARTY in the Pecan Court after the big show (10ish?) and it is FREE!!!
- This schedule of events will be given in the dorms as each day goes by! If you have any questions, shoot an e-mail to Hina or anyone else you know on Campus Kitty!
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Maggie McKinney
- Earth Day coming up on 21st of April, but the celebration at Hendrix will be on the 26th! [Protest for coal plants on the 29th?] More information coming soon.
- Academic Policy with Samantha Bode
- Library hours to be extended during finals week has been mentioned to some faculty members to get them thinking!
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with Jayce Hafner and Samantha Bode
- Finance Committee with Alex Graddy-Reed
- Hendrix Chess Club Proposal: asking for $1300 to bring in a Chess Grandmaster to simultaneously play 50 AR chess players at once in the Hulen Ballroom. The event will bring in people from all over the state and the chess club is confident that this amount of money will cover the costs. Entry fee money may be paid back to Senate if necessary, but if not, the money will go to their fund for the next year. It passes: APPROVED $1300!
- Communications Committee with Kristi Vo
- Committee on Committees with …
- Executive Committee with BJ Fogleman
- The poor treatment of people who study abroad is brought up involving bid points and credits. BJ hands the issue over to Student Academic Concerns Committee.
VI. Unfinished Business
- Election Contestments of VP and Couch Senator
- Senate goes into an executive meeting and after much debate and discussion decides to uphold the original VP election, but makes Dylan aware of his ability to appeal if he so chooses. Therefore, Nick will reside as VP!
- Senate also upholds the decision made by the elections commission for Lauren Rushdi as Couch Senator!
VII. New Business
- Appointed Bob Fureigh as the new Elections Commissioner!!!
VIII. Adjournment until March 25, 2008
Clean up: EVERYONE!