Tuesday January 22, 2008
6:30 p.m. Mills Library
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns
IV. Departmental Liaison Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Multicultural Development Committee with James Murray
- Chapel Service hosted by SBC and MDC in Mills Library at 7:30 tomorrow night (Wednesday, January 23, 2008)
- Social Committee with Sam Jackson
- Saturday from 8:00-10:00 in the Burrow = Coffee House
- February 5, 2008, SoCo will show Into the Wild
- February 16, 2008 is Formal
- Media Committee with Megan Wooley
- Yearbook proposal received – Senate Granted $275 to go into the new two editors’ salaries, totaling $1300 for each of them.
- This grant meant a subtle change to the Bylaws because the structure of the Media Committee was changed.
- Aonian submissions being accepted, send to TheAonian@gmail.com
- February 1, 2008 will host the newest issue of The Profile
- Council on Residence Life with Robert Fureigh
- Campus Kitty with Hina Mehta
- If anyone is interested in participating in Red Light Revue, email Angela Bennett. Red Light Revue is kinda like a classy talent show thing.
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Maggie McKinney
- Glass recycling in all dorms by next week, hopefully.
- The cups are not being used in the Burrow yet, but Maggie is still looking into this issue.
- Academic Policy with Katie Pearce
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with BJ Fogleman and Katie Pearce
- Prepare transitions material for the next senate members to take over. Please gather documents, notes, hopeful things, etc. and make a basic guideline of what is expected of each senator.
- Finance Committee with Samantha Bode
- Communications Committee with Lin Poff
- Committee on Committees with Shlok Vaidya
- Executive Committee with Will Green
- Brett Sokolow will be back February 21, 2008. He is offering suggestions for Hendrix handbook revisions.
- Campus housing:
- Plans for suite-style dorm postponed (online by September 2009, hopefully)
- Should reach housing of 1300 with new apartments and village housing by 2009.
- New apartments planned to be available by August and on the reapplication for housing this semester!
- Senate is closer than ever before to getting a student on the Board of Trustees or Student Life Board…. It’s a big deal and awesome that they’re considering it so seriously (it’s only taken longer than half a decade).
- Shirttails survey coming soon (first to the Shirttails committee, then out to the campus, hopefully by FRIDAY). Remember to encourage EVERYONE to take the survey.
- Friday we will also see a survey on football… against, encourage everyone to participate and give their input.
- ALSO, sometime this week we should see a Counseling service survey.
VI. Unfinished Business
VII. New Business
· Mention of a campus-wide vote on football? That would be cool… even if it didn’t hold any stock with the admins or Board… at least we’d know exactly what percentage of students are for/against it.
· Ellie Wheeler was granted permissions to finish the term as Raney Senator though housing has changed for her.
VIII. Adjournment until January 28, 2008
Clean up: Houses, Apartments, Off-Campus