Tuesday April 17, 2007
6:30 p.m. Mills Library
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
- Christine Faubel – announcement for Thursday the 26th. It’s from 8:00-10:00 in the Burrow. Small band of 4 Hendrix students and 1 UCA student; they will be performing with Daniel Doyle’s(?) band too
- Amanda Brooks – filing opening for all SoCo and MDC representatives. Email Amanda if interested. Closes this Sunday at midnight.
- Monday April 30th is when elections will take place.
- Mandatory meeting Tuesday the 24th at 5:00 p.m. in Mills Library.
III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns
- Verdict from Cache’s roundtable: more lasagna
- Shlok’s concerns: motorcycles taking up our large, actual-car parking spots.
- John Omolo has decided that dirty dishes will be thrown away 48 hours after sitting there. Recommended getting a new policy for New Houses dishes.
- This isn’t a Housing policy, it’s a Housekeeping policy, according to Dr. Hardin
- Cache will be talking to Housekeeping.
- Lacey is going to talk to John Omolo to make sure that it is indeed coming from Housekeeping
- Tim Pote says again to remind people about the thefts going on, including in the Carrels in the library.
IV. Departmental Liaison Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Elections Commission with Amanda Brooks
- Welcome Week Committee with Ken Yang
- Changes to the Constitution
- Vice Chair wording changed from labeling which Vice Chairs will be in charge of what… Instead, the playing field is leveled and everyone will participate and contribute the same as the other Vice Chairs. First Vice Chair was changed to Secretary.
- The Constitution was amended so that Committee on Committees would appoint a Chair and the Senate would approve him/her.
- Multicultural Development Committee with James Murray
- Appointed Members - APPROVED
- Kelly Hill, Rachel Johnson
- Kelly Zalocusky
- Shamus Ridgell
- Social Committee with Sam Jackson
- May 6th Study Break movie in the Burrow. Student body can go to the website to vote on which movie is shown there (6 movies to choose from).
- Link to go vote and movies listed below: http://www.hendrix.edu/soco
- Children of Men
- The Departed
- Running with Scissors
- Casino Royale
- The Holiday
- Free pizza that night!
- Media Committee with Mandy Munoz/Megan Wooley
- Catherine Curtis and Ben Wadley – APPROVED
- Filing is open until Wednesday, April 18, 2007 at midnight. KHDX, The Profile, Troubadour, and Aonian positions
- Thurs. 26 – Aonian Revealing… Time of revealing to be announced next week.
- Council on Residence Life with Robert Fureigh
- Time for Hall elections! Filing to come next week for President, Vice President, and the other Hall positions. All the information will be emailed soon.
- Campus Kitty with Hina Mehta
- Approval of Executive Committee – APPROVED
- Caelan O’Sullivan – 1st Semester Treasurer
- Alex Graddy-Reed – 2nd Semester Treasurer
- BJ Fogleman – Secretary
- Samantha Clark – Hendrix Publicity
- T.C. Elliott – Conway Publicity
- March 21 – March 29 for 2008
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Maggie McKinney
- Saturday, April 21 – Arkansas Earth Day. Carpooling (meet at Eco House). Be there by 9:00 a.m. to leave if you want to hear President Clinton speak at 10:00. For those who can’t wake up so early, another carpool leaves at 12:00.
- April 22 – on the lawn between Grove and Hulen – Celebration of Earth Day at Hendrix
- Bike Tune-Ups (chain oil, tools, pumps)
- Academic Policy with Katie Pearce
- An email about some changes to the academic calendar was sent because it was messed up.
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with BJ Fogleman and Katie Pearce
- Finance Committee with Samantha Bode
- Future Investors – Movie Wall Street showing in the Burrow on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 9:15 p.m. – APPROVED ($250)
- Hardin Hall – “Viking Party” – APPROVED ($250)
- 8 in favor of passing; 2 not in favor
- Communications Committee with Lin Poff
- T-shirt – please email me your base color preference… pale blue/green, or an earthy brown/tan.
- Mills’ outlined face with some wording above and below.
- Possible names and positions on back?
- Committee on Committees with Shlok Vaidya
- Executive Committee with Will Green
- Construction dates – WAC July 4th, who knows about Harkrider
- Vigil tomorrow evening…
- Senate will have cards to send to V-Tech… send constituents to sign.
- 5:30-6:30 in the Chapel
- Sid McMath’s people for Committee on Judicial Review - APPROVED
- Tim Pote, Kingsley Coppinger, Erin Nixon, James Murray, FrankLin Poff, Kelly Zalocusky, Kendra Anderson, Jessica Crenshaw, BJ Fogleman, and Dean Bailey
VI. Unfinished Business
- An Amendment for our Financial Policy
o Finance Committee will look at document and all senators will get the finance committee constitution to look at it (see below).
o Link to Finance Committee: http://www.hendrix.edu/senate/senate.aspx?id=9070
VII. New Business
VIII. Adjournment until April 24, 2007
Clean up: Martin, Hardin, Couch