June 16-29, 2019
Applications Due February 1, 2019
The Hendrix Youth Institute (HYI) program will help rising high school juniors and seniors discern their call for ministry and specifically introduce participants to ordained and professional ministry. Using a holistic approach, the program will incorporate the “head, heart, and hands” to enable youth to understand God’s call.
The HYI experience will include:
- Two morning classes relating to the Institute’s yearly theme, “Bible” and “Wesleyan Studies.”
- Afternoons engaged in service work or shadowing church professionals.
- Worship, small group Bible study, spiritual gift/discernment exercises, and time for fun and fellowship.
- An Orientation to Ministry event sponsored by the Arkansas Conference Board of Ordained Ministry.
- A mission trip to Washington D.C. in which participants will work together, building relationships with those they serve and learning from one another.
The only cost to participants is a $100 refundable deposit.
HYI participants will also attend three follow-up events including virtual events in the fall and spring and a one-day winter retreat in Little Rock that includes a service project and time of reflection.
Participants who are admitted to Hendrix will be considered for a $2,500 HYI scholarship. In addition, admitted students will be reviewed for Hendrix Academic and Odyssey scholarships and may apply for a United Methodist Youth Leadership Scholarship. Grants are also available for certified candidates in the United Methodist Church.
To Print Application click
Important Dates and Information:
- February 1- Applications due
- March 1- Applicants notified regarding acceptance to HYI
- April 1- All forms and a check for a $100 deposit* due from accepted applicants to hold a spot at HYI
*Checks will only be deposited if an accepted applicant does not attend HYI.
For more information contact:
Rev. J.J. Whitney, Chaplain
1600 Washington Ave.
Conway, Arkansas 72032-3080