Assist Students on the PATH to Hendrix!
PATH (Parents and Alumni assisting in the Transition to Hendrix) is a volunteer organization that assists the Office of Admission in attracting and enrolling Hendrix students from across the country. Those who know the College well can be very instrumental in recruiting students who will thrive on the challenges of our academic program and enrich the spirit of the community.
Alumni and parent volunteers make it possible for Hendrix to enhance its presence throughout the nation. These volunteers frequently serve at local or regional college fairs, represent the College at high school award assemblies, and attend or host events for enrolling students. In recent years the value of a Hendrix education has received national attention, the Odyssey program is creating a "buzz," and our membership in the select Colleges that Change Lives consortium has placed us in front of thousands of families in the largest cities in the country from New York to Chicago to Los Angeles. More than 50 percent of our student body now comes from outside the state of Arkansas. Consequently we receive many more invitations to recruiting events than the staff alone can cover. Alumni and parent volunteers make it possible, therefore, for Hendrix to be in more places, attend more college fairs, and represent Hendrix nationally and internationally.
There are many ways you can get involved, and we encourage you to consider these opportunities to join in this exciting effort:
- REPRESENT Hendrix at college fairs - The Office of Admission will provide you with guidelines and publications to distribute at the fairs.
- RECOMMEND to Hendrix the names of prospective high school students.
- TELEPHONE OR EMAIL prospective students and/or families of prospective students. Congratulate recently accepted students. Help those trying to make a final college decision by telling of your experiences. Answer questions students or parents may have about the College.
- CHAT over coffee or tea with prospective students and/or families of prospective students.
- HOST admission receptions and/or send-off parties for enrolling freshmen.
- ATTEND receptions and/or send-off parties.