Hendrix welcomes applications for admission from international students. We have found that the breadth of experience brought by students who have attended other institutions enriches the learning environment for all students at Hendrix. Additionally,
Hendrix offers a limited number of scholarships each year to international students.
International students interested in attending Hendrix are asked to complete our
online request for information, visit the International Prospective Students
website, or contact Anthony Lucio, our admission counselor responsible for working with international students, at 800-277-9017 or email@example.com.
Geography and Climate:
Hendrix is located in Conway, Arkansas, a pleasant, safe community of nearly 60,000 people who are friendly and welcoming to college students. Arkansas, known as the "Natural State," offers a spectacular landscape of mountains, lakes, and forests. The
climate provides colorful falls, mild winters, and lovely springs. Our central location offers easy access to major cities such as Dallas, Texas; Memphis, Tennessee; and St. Louis, Missouri. Little Rock, the capitol of Arkansas, is only 30 minutes by
click hereto find out more information about our location.
Application Process for International Students
- Complete the Common Application online for free. You may access the Common Application and other required application materials at
www.hendrix.edu/apply . Students from Jiangsu Province in China may use the application provided by JESIE/CSSAbroad.
- Submit an essay or personal statement in English. This will be included with the Common Application, and you will find instructions on the application form.
- Submit two official copies of transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary academic work – one in the original language and one translated into English.
- Take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). If English is your native language or your secondary school instruction was done in English, an SAT or ACT score may be submitted in place
of the TOEFL or IELTS exam score. Please have the official score reported directly to Hendrix.
- Submit an
International Student Financial Aid Application
indicating that you have ample funds for one full year's expenses at Hendrix College.
- If you are a transfer student, download a
Dean of Student Affairs Recommendation Formand have it completed and returned to Hendrix by the most recent college or university you have attended.
- Contact the Office of Admission for information on international student scholarships, if applicable.
Hendrix College International Student Summer Institute
The Summer Institute is designed to lay a strong academic foundation for international students and students for whom English is not a first language. Placing students in level-appropriate English courses assures rapid progress in the language. Further,
orientation activities, cross-cultural discussions, and study-skills development prepare participants for the unique, liberal arts environment, as well as provide students with tools for the first year and beyond. The ten-week Summer Institute—at a cost
of $5,500—is an important component of a successful international student career at Hendrix.