Hendrix welcomes applications for admission from students seeking to transfer from other accredited colleges and universities. We have found that the breadth of experience brought by students who have attended other institutions enriches the learning environment for all students at Hendrix.
Students interested in transferring to Hendrix are asked to complete our
online request for information or contact Jennifer McKenzie, our Admission Counselor responsible for working with transfer students, at 800-277-9017 or
The application deadlines are July 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the spring semester. Admitted transfer students planning to enroll must submit a $350 enrollment deposit along with the Enrollment Agreement and Housing Application Form no later than July 15 for the fall semester and December 15 for the spring semester.
Application Process for Transfer Students
- Complete the Common Application online for free, or mail a completed Common Application along with a $40 nonrefundable application fee to Hendrix. This fee is waived if you mail a completed application by December 1 or bring it with you to a campus visit.You may access the Common Application and other required application materials at www.hendrix.edu/apply.
- All applicants must submit an official transcript of their high school grades since the beginning of the ninth grade year.
- Request that your ACT or SAT scores be sent to Hendrix.
- Have each college or university previously or currently attended send an official transcript of your work. Failure to report attendance at another institution, whether or not credit was granted, may result in dismissal from Hendrix.
- Download a
Dean of Student Affairs Recomendation Formand have it completed and returned to Hendrix by the most recent college or university you have attended.
Transfer students should be sure to request a final transcript from all colleges or universities previously attended. Once a transfer student has submitted an official transcript(s) to Hendrix along with a completed application for admission, an evaluation of credits will be completed and sent from the Office of the Registrar.
Transfer credit can be accepted subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
- Courses offered for transfer must be taken at an accredited institution.
- The courses must be comparable in academic quality to Hendrix courses.
- Transfer credit will be considered only for courses in which the grade of "C" or better is recorded.
- "Credit" or "pass" grades will not be accepted in transfer.
If a course is accepted for credit, it will be counted as "transfer credit." No grade points from such transfer courses will be calculated in the Hendrix grade point average.
For incoming transfer students, one credit will be awarded for every four semester-hours of accepted transfer work, rounding to the nearest whole credit. Once a student has matriculated at Hendrix, one credit will be awarded for every accepted transfer course, provided the transfer course carries at least three semester-hours of academic weight. Transfer credit must originate from courses taken at an accredited institution and those courses must appear on the student's transcript from the originating institution. No transfer credit is awarded for courses that have been applied toward an earned baccalaureate degree.
A student must successfully complete a minimum of sixteen courses at Hendrix. Six of the final eight courses counted toward graduation must originate from Hendrix or institutions which are in direct, formal institutional exchange agreements with Hendrix. Additionally, at least 50 percent of all major and minor requirements must be fulfilled from course work taken in residence at the College.
Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate Program
To receive credit for advanced placement examinations, transfer students must have the original scores sent to Hendrix from the Educational Testing Service. To receive credit for International Baccalaureate, please have original scores sent to Hendrix by the International Baccalaureate testing agency. For further information, consult the
Hendrix College Catalog.
Hendrix offers a limited number of scholarships each year to students seeking to transfer to the College. Students who have been admitted to Phi Theta Kappa at a community or junior college qualify for the Hendrix Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship.
- Transfer Scholarships: To be eligible for the transfer scholarship, you must have attended another accredited college or university for at least one year, and you must apply and be accepted for admission to Hendrix. Your college or university grade point average must be at least 3.0. The transfer scholarship carries a monetary value of between $12,000 and $14,000 per year and may be renewable for up to three years.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships: To be eligible for a Phi Theta Kappa scholarship, you must have graduated from a community college and have been a member of Phi Theta Kappa. This scholarship carries a monetary value of $15,000 per year.*
*The Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship can not be awarded in addition to the Transfer Scholarship.
Hendrix uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility for need-based financial aid, including Pell Grant, Stafford Loans, and Parent Plus Loans. Hendrix's code to include on the FAFSA is 001099. If a transfer student has received financial aid from another college or university, he or she must request that a financial aid transcript be sent to the Office of Financial Aid at Hendrix. Priority deadline for financial aid is March 1.
An official visit to the Hendrix campus is strongly encouraged to determine if Hendrix is the best choice for you.
Campus visits need to be scheduled at least one week in advance. You can either plan to attend one of our scheduled Hendrix College Experience Days or choose a time to visit that is convenient for you. Recommended dates to visit are September 1 to December 1 during fall semester and February 1 to May 1 during spring semester.
Register online or call the Office of Admission at 800-277-9017 to schedule your visit.