Hendrix is a selective institution, admitting students who demonstrate significant academic achievements and are well prepared for the rigorous curriculum of the College. We seek students of varied interests and talents, representative of many social, economic, and geographical backgrounds. Admission is not limited by age, race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin of the applicant. Hendrix expects students to demonstrate their seriousness of purpose by participating in a college preparatory curriculum throughout their high school careers. It is highly recommended that preparatory work includes the following subjects:
- English (4 units): to cover grammar, composition, and literature.
- Social Studies (3 units): to include 1 unit in American history, 1 unit in world history, and 1/2 unit in civics or American government.
- Natural Sciences (2 units): to be selected from offerings in biology, chemistry, and physics.
- Mathematics (3 units): to include algebra I, and additional units selected from algebra II, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus.
- Foreign Language (2 units): to be selected from offerings in French, German, Spanish, or other major foreign languages