Hendrix is a selective institution, admitting students who demonstrate significant academic achievements and are well prepared for the rigorous curriculum of the College. We seek students of varied interests and talents, representative of many social, economic, and geographical backgrounds. Admission is not limited by age, race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin of the applicant. Hendrix expects students to demonstrate their seriousness of purpose by participating in a college preparatory curriculum throughout their high school careers. It is highly recommended that preparatory work includes the following subjects:
- English (4 units): to cover grammar, composition, and literature.
- Social Studies (3 units): to include 1 unit in American history, 1 unit in world history, and 1/2 unit in civics or American government.
- Natural Sciences (2 units): to be selected from offerings in biology, chemistry, and physics.
- Mathematics (3 units): to include algebra I, and additional units selected from algebra II, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus, and calculus.
- Foreign Language (2 units): to be selected from offerings in French, German, Spanish, or other major foreign languages
Application Process for First-Year Students
- Complete the Common Application online for free, or mail a completed Common Application. You may access the Common Application and other required application materials at
- Have your high school counselor complete a Secondary School Report as well as submit an official transcript of grades on all work you have attempted since the beginning of the ninth grade.
- Take the ACT or the SAT and request that your scores be sent to Hendrix. There is no preference as to which test is taken, but Hendrix strongly urges all applicants to take either the ACT or the SAT during their junior and/or senior year of high school. Note that scores from the ACT and SAT writing tests are not considered when evaluating candidates for admission. The Hendrix ACT code is 0128, and the SAT code is 6273.
- Though not required, Hendrix encourages applicants to provide at least one recommendation from an individual who can evaluate the applicant not only as a student but as an individual and member of the community.
|Fall 2015 Admission
||Deposit Due |
|Early Action I
||May 1 |
|Early Action II
||May 1 |
||After February 1
||After March 1
||May 1 |