The N-STEAD Scholars program is a competitive program
available to STEM majors.
Benefits of the N-STEAD Scholars Program
- Up to $15,000* per year in scholarship support (renewable once) or tuition free for post baccalaureate (with an option of an on-campus housing allowance)
- Newly refocused coursework designed by both Education and
- Science-based preservice apprenticeship in high-need area to
reduce cultural barriers for novice teachers
- Two tracks to choose from for teacher licensure – traditional or post-baccalaureate
- Two year induction mentoring program to provide on-site
assessments and offer tailored assistance in content, pedagogy, and Delta
culture from the Hendrix STEM and Education faculty and Delta-based master
teachers (takes place during initial years of teaching in the Delta).
* A student's aid (grants, loans, scholarships, or work study) from all sources (Hendrix, federal, state, private) may not exceed the total established cost of attendance for the academic year.
Expectations of the N-STEAD Scholar
- Develop and lead activities in the Ridin' Dirty with Science program
- Complete your teaching licensure in a STEM field
- Teach in a high-need Arkansas Delta (7 – 12) school or
district at least two years for each year of funding support
- Remain in contact with the Education Department after