Greene Chapel was built in 1951 as a place for members of the Hendrix Community to gather for worship and prayer. Greene Chapel is the site of weekly campus worship services, and regular celebrations of the Sacrament of Holy Communion. Each December
it is the site for the Hendrix College Choir Candlelight Carol Service.
Every aspect of the physical design of the Chapel is intended to enhance the sense of the Holy. The ceiling design and beam layout in Greene Chapel are designed to resemble a sailing ship; the body of the Chapel is called the nave (from navis, the Latin word for ship). The design echoes the ancient view that the Church is
a ship carrying the faithful on life’s journey from this world to the next.
Hendrix Wedding Package
Weddings are held in Greene Chapel throughout the year, provided the event does not conflict with college-related activities in Greene Chapel or Staples Auditorium.
There will be no more than 2 weddings scheduled for any one Saturday. Times of your reservation can be: 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. or 3:30 P.M. to 9:30 P.M. If you are interested in a Friday or Sunday wedding, please call for information and availability.
Wedding Ceremony Package
Starting at $800.00 for Alumni and $1000.00 for the Community
- A beautiful, ornate chapel with seating for up to 250 guests
- Six-hour event time for setup, pictures, ceremony, and clean-up
- Times can be 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM or 3:30 PM to 9:30 PM on Saturdays
- One-hour on the preceding evening for rehearsal
- Experienced on-site coordinator
- Priority use of campus for pictures prior to the ceremony
- Dressing rooms available for the bride and groom
- Optional access to an officiant and/or piano/organ musician if needed (additional fee required)
- Additional event time is $250.00 per hour, Additional setup/clean up time is $100.00 per hour
- Reception space and additional services available by request
- Ask about catering, and we can assist you in choosing a local caterer
To request further information or to reserve the Chapel for a wedding, please fill out the
Wedding Inquiry Form or contact the Miller Center at