The following is a list of some locations available for rental.
The Mills Center was named for The Honorable Wilbur D. Mills, former United States Congressman, Distinguished Alumnus, and former Trustee. It houses the departments of economics and business, education, history, politics, psychology and sociology. Classes for the study of courses offered by these departments often take place in one of the numerous classrooms or lecture halls located in the building. The building also has a computer laboratory, psychology laboratory, curriculum library for education majors and Mills Library, which is the site of faculty coffees each Tuesday morning.
This building, dedicated in 1983, contains the Office of the President, the Office of Academic Affairs, the Office of Development and College Relations, and the Office of Fiscal Affairs as well as classrooms and offices for the English and foreign languages departments. Fausett Hall is considered both traditional and modern in design with its brick exterior and multi-level atrium at its center.
Staples Auditorium was built in conjunction with Greene Chapel in 1951 and was renovated in 1981. In January of 1996, additional speakers were installed to cover the balcony area and a new film projector system was purchased for use by Social Committee and for other film events in the auditorium. The auditorium seats 820.
This Gothic chapel was built in 1951 and renovated during the summer and fall of 1997. The renovation project included the installation of a new floor, lighting system, and communion rail. Through a generous donation the chapel also received a brand new organ with exposed pipes. In addition, the pews and altar furniture were refinished and Hendrix alumni and friends created 14 needlepoint kneeling cushions for the chapel. Greene Chapel can seat 300 worshippers for events such as religious life services, weddings and the annual Candlelight Carol Service.
Trieschmann Fine Arts Building
Opened 1962, the Trieschmann Fine Arts Building accommodates the department of music. This building also houses a gallery space which is used to display both student art works and special art events. Reves Recital Hall is also located within the building, and is used for student and faculty musical recitals, lectures, and for additional classroom space.