The academic program of the Hendrix College Chemistry Department is designed to help students become life-long, creative problem solvers using chemistry. The curriculum has been developed to help students to:
1. acquire the fact-based knowledge necessary to understand chemistry as citizens and practice it as scientists,
2. design and execute laboratory experiments,
3. develop the critical thinking skills necessary to assess and assemble facts and data,
4. work effectively individually and in groups,
5. communicate chemistry effectively in written and oral forms, and
6. assess the ethical implications of their work and its impact on our society and environment.
Click here to view the Chemical Physics Learning Goals