Modern instrumentation is available to students even in their beginning laboratory experiences. High-throughput autosamplers ensure that all student in the freshman and sophomore courses have the opportunity to analyze data from their own experiment.
Upper-level and research students have hands-on access with a wide variety of instrumentation through regular classes and research.
Click on the pictures below for a closer look at some of our instruments.
- NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer) - JEOL ECS 400 MHz with 24 position autosampler
- EPR (electron paramagnetic resonance spectrometer)-
MS5000 Magnettech, Freiburg Instruments
- FTIR (fourier transform infra-red spectrometer)  - Thermo-Nicolet 380 w/diamond ATR and 6700 (two - 1 w/ATR)
- UV-Vis (ultra-violet - visible scanning spectrometer)  - Thermo Genesys 10 and HP 8452A
- AA (atomic absorption spectrometer) - Varian AA240 Duo dual flame and furnace with autosamplers
- HPLC (high-performance liquid chromatograph)  - Dionex Summit and Waters both with UV/Vis detector, Dionex Ultimate 3000 with amperometric detector
- IC (ion chromatograph), Dionex 1500 with autosampler
- GC/MS (gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer)  - Agilent/HP 6890N/5073N, 6890/5973, 5890/5971 with autosamplers
- GC (gas chromatograph) - HP 5890 with FID and autosampler
- Refrigerated high-speed ultra-centrifuge, Sorvall RC-28S
- Ultra-Low Freezer  - NBS and Revco
- Flow Cytometer, Accuri Cytometers, Inc.
- Microplate reader, Biotek Synergy 2
- TOFMS (reflectron time-of-flight Mass Spectrometer) - Lab-built with mass gate
- Excimer laser, GAM Laser Inc. EX-10/300
- Nd:YAG laser, Continuum Minilite II (1064, 532, 355, 266 nm output)
- Dye laser, PTI - GL 302
- Argon ion laser, ILT 5490
- PTI Experiment System with monochromator and photomultiplier detector
- ESI-ITMS (ion trap mass spectrometer with
electrospray ionization) - Bruker HCTultra PTM Discovery System