Charter School Leadership Institute

Charter Leadership Discussion Board

Welcome to the Charter Leadership Institute Discussion Board.

RSS Feed Print
Feedback on Moore Presentation
James Jennings
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007

There were several positive comments about the Moore presentation.  Several were unsolicited comments provided in subsequent emails.  Please identify the comment or pointed noted during the presentation that had the greatest impact on your professional development.
Betty Raper
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2007

I found Linda Moore’s presentation very refreshing in that she was so open about her vision, the challenges she initially faced and continually encounters to ensure the school's future success. Her comment that it is the “hardest job you’ll ever love” with so much accountability even now reiterated the need for renewal, as she described it. I was in awe of the enormous thought and preparation spent on every detail to make the school successful. For instance, she incorporated building commitment to the school’s mission in each job description. Everyone affiliated with the school is responsible for communicating that mission, vision, and values. In many ways she reinforced the need for simplicity- “Take Care of Myself, Others, and My Community”. Her comment that "Everything we do has a parental component" has to make all educators reconsider the importance of parent involvement. Yet, she meets the challenges of this learning community by thinking “outside the box”. For example, the Saturday Academy, designed for parents and children to learn together, is a fantastic idea for families in the D.C. area!