Teach lessons that last a lifetime. Education is the Peace Corp’s largest program area. Volunteers play an important role in creating links among schools, parents, and communities by working in elementary, secondary, and postsecondary schools as math, science, conversational English, and resource teachers or as early grade reading and literacy teacher trainers. Volunteers also develop libraries and technology resource centers.
If you choose Education, take three courses from one of the following areas:
- Take three EDUC courses; OR
- Take two EDUC courses along with one of the following:
- ANTH 310 Anthropology and Education
- POLI 100 Issues in Politics: Politics of Education
And build 50 hours of related off-campus field experience through an activity such as:
- Student teaching through the Education Department
- An official Hendrix internship (education-related)
- Other teaching in one of these or a similar form: in a classroom, with a community outreach organization, or in a formal tutoring capacity in the community.