The program requires students to complete:
- Three courses in one of four specific work sectors:
- 50 hours of volunteer or work experience away from campus in that same sector, preferably in a teaching or outreach capacity
- Foreign language coursework (if preparing for work in Latin America or West Africa)
- Three courses in intercultural competence in which students learn about others while reflecting upon their own self in relation to others
- Three career preparation activities with Hendrix Career Services
- A leadership experience (e.g., organizing a campus event, leading a work or volunteer project, or serving on the executive board of a student organization) and be prepared to discuss it thoughtfully.
Students who complete the Peace Corps Prep program will also receive “Special Projects” credit through the Hendrix Odyssey Program.