CONWAY, Ark. (January 28, 2014) – C.S. Lewis scholar Dr. Michael Ward will present “The Heavens are Telling the Glory of God: C.S. Lewis, Narnia, and the Planets,” a lecture on the previously undiscovered structure in C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles
of Narnia on Monday, March 31 at 6:30 p.m. in Greene Chapel as part of the College’s weekly chapel service and will answer questions following the service.
The lecture, sponsored by the Hendrix College Department of Art, is free and open to the public. There will be a book signing and reception immediately following the program. For more information, contact Hendrix art professor Dr. Rod Miller at 501-450-1423
Dr. Ward is Senior Research Fellow at Blackfriars Hall, University of Oxford and Professor of Apologetics at Houston Baptist University. He is the author of Planet Narnia: The Seven Heavens in the
Imagination of C.S. Lewis and co-editor of The Cambridge Companion to C.S. Lewis. He studied English at Oxford, theology at Cambridge, and has a doctorate in divinity from the University of St. Andrews. For three years, he lived in C.S. Lewis's
Oxford home, The Kilns, as resident warden and curator. In 2013, on the 50th anniversary of Lewis's death, he unveiled a memorial to him in Poets' Corner in Westminster Abbey. He presented the BBC television documentary
The Narnia Code in 2009, though
his chief claim to fame is that he handed a pair of x-ray spectacles to 007 in the James Bond film The World is Not Enough.
Founded in 1876, Hendrix College is a national leader in engaged liberal arts and sciences education. For the sixth consecutive year, Hendrix was named one of the country’s “Up and Coming” liberal arts colleges by
U.S. News and World Report. Hendrix
is featured in the latest edition of Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Will Change
the Way You Think about Colleges, as well as the 2014 Princeton Review’s The Best 378 Colleges, Forbes magazine's list of America's Top Colleges, and the 2014 Fiske Guide to Colleges. Hendrix has been affiliated with the United Methodist
Church since 1884. For more information, visit