Human Resources

Flexible Spending Accounts

 Our provider for flexible spending and dependent childcare expenses is Consolidated Admin Services (CAS). The flexible spending plan allows an employee to withhold up to a maximum of $2,650 (2018) for unreimbursed medical expenses and/or $5,000 for dependent/childcare expenses on a pre-tax basis which may lower tax liability for federal, state and FICA. 

Unreimbursed Medical Expenses

An annual amount elected at the time of hire, or during open enrollment, that can be used to pay unreimbursed medical expenses such as physician and prescription co-payments, deductibles, co-insurance (20%), dental or vision services not covered by those plans, etc.  If you have specific questions about what FSA money can be used for please contact HR.  The amount you elect for a calendar year must be used during that calendar year on claims made during that calendar year. (ie. if you don't use it - you lose it).

The maximum annual election is $2650 (as of 2018).  The entire amount elected for the year can be used at any time during the year. (ie. if a person held out $100 / year that person could use all $100 in January).

Making a claim:

  • A CAS card can be swiped at the doctor's office, pharmacy or other provider just like a debit card. No reimbursement or additional documentation is required unless there is an issue verifying your transaction, in which case you will be contacted by CAS.
  • You can check your balances, access claim forms, and submit reimbursements directly to Consolidated Admin Service.  If your account is not setup please follow these instructions.
  • Each participant will receive an email each month with a statement of recent transactions and their current balance.
  • If you need further assistance please visit the Human Resources Office or email Bridgette Gray (

Dependent Childcare Expenses

This is an annual amount that you can elect at the time of hire, or during open enrollment, that can be used to pay for childcare. This benefit is also withheld on a pre-tax basis.  The maximum annual election for 2018 is $5000.  Unlike unreimbursed medical this money cannot be used until after it has been withheld from your pay and processed by CAS.

Making a claim:

  • Claim forms, instructions, and submissions can all be found on the CAS website (instructions here).  It is highly recommended that you consider using a recurring form with direct deposit in order for a hassle free reimbursement experience. The recurring form only needs to be completed at the beginning of each year.

If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources Office.