Last Updated: Monday, January 30, 2023
found this helpful.
Changing your password on a Hendrix computer while you are on campus is the most reliable method.
Secondarily, we recommend registering at passwordreset.hendrix.edu to help unlock or manage when you forget a password, or if you need to change password when you are not on campus.
We do not recommend using Campus Web to change your password, but if you do, you will need to follow the tips below and also remember to re-login to your Hendrix computer with your new password promptly the next time you are on campus.
To make signing back in with your new password smoother, we offer the following tips.
- Log out of MSOffice on your phone and other devices that use your Hendrix login.
- Log out of MSOffice apps on your computer and close browsers that might have Hendrix pages open.
- Forget Hendrix wifi networks, so when you re-connect you will get a prompt to use your new password. (iPhone users, remember to "Trust" user certificate.)
- If you are required to use 2-Factor Authentication: after changing your password, log into Office/Authenticator on your phone first, so that you can Approve when you sign back into Office apps on your computer and other devices.
1. Sign-in to your computer at Hendrix as usual using your
current username* and password.
2. On your keyboard press and hold the Ctrl + Alt +
Delete keys until a sign out screen appears.
(Depending on your current version of
Windows, the display may vary.)
3. Click “Change a password”. (How to create an easy to remember but hard to guess password.)
4. Enter your Username and Old password. Then type
your New Password and confirm it.
5. Click the arrow next to "confirm password" to submit your changes.
Your password has now been changed. Please use
the new login information to log back into Office apps on your phone, your computer, and onto Hendrix wifi networks.
*When asked for "username", enter only the name part of your email without the "@hendrix.edu" part.
If you encounter issues while changing your password, please contact HelpDesk.