Scholarships at Hendrix
Your Support for Scholarships:
- Helps provide life-changing opportunities for Hendrix students
- Helps Hendrix recruit and retain the best and the brightest new students from across the nation
- Provides competitive scholarships and financial aid to the most deserving students
- Enriches the intellectual life of the Hendrix community by helping to attract a diverse group of students who add a wide range of views and perspectives
- Provides our students with the kind of unique Hendrix experience that our alumni experienced and still appreciate today.
The Hendrix Annual Fund Supports Scholarships
The largest portion of every dollar given to the Hendrix Annual Fund directly supports scholarships and student aid, helping to make a Hendrix education attainable and affordable for our students. 100% of Hendrix students receive some form of scholarship support,
supported by the Hendrix Annual Fund.
Endowments at Hendrix
Your Endowment Gift to Hendrix:
- Provides annual revenues that support the chosen purpose of your endowed fund
- Helps the College keep tuition increases to a minimum
- Contributes to the College’s overall financial strength, allowing Hendrix to remain true to its mission
How Giving To Endowment Works
When you give to an endowed fund, the College invests your gift as part of its overall endowment portfolio. Each year, a portion of the value of your endowed fund is paid out to support the fund's purpose (a scholarship, a professorship, etc.) Any remaining earnings are used
to build the endowment's value. In this way, an endowment fund can grow and provide support for its designated purpose in perpetuity.
- Can be started with a gift of $25,000 or more and can be named in honor or in memory of a loved one.
- Provides income for student scholarships each year. Donors can designate that their scholarship be awarded to a student from a particular area or with a particular academic interest or major, or they can allow the scholarship funds to be given where they are most
- Hendrix has 233 scholarship endowments that are used to enable many deserving students to afford a Hendrix education.
James Jennings Hendrix College-Arkansas Delta Scholarship
- Created posthumously in honor of Dr. James Jennings and his dedication to reducing educational inequalities in the Arkansas Delta.
- Provides increased opportunities for students in the Delta region.
- Supported by the Odyssey endowment, the Odyssey Program encourages all Hendrix students to embark on educational adventures in one of six categories, personalized to their own interests and abilities.
- A named Hendrix Odyssey endowment begins with a gift of $25,000. Your endowment can be designated to support student Odyssey experiences in a specific category.
- There are now 39 named Odyssey endowment funds that support grants to Hendrix students and faculty for engaged learning activities.
- A gift of $500,000 or more can endow a named Odyssey Professorship, offered to faculty for periods of up to three years.
- Individual faculty members or small groups of faculty members may apply on a competitive basis for the professorships, which carry an endowment to support faculty projects that create new engaged learning opportunities, such as undergraduate research, for