Alumni Association Board of Governors Responsibilities
- Serve in leadership roles as Board members for four-year terms.
- Attend Board meetings.
- Serve as ambassadors of the College in your communities.
- Attend and help host College events.
- Serve as liaisons between the College and other alumni to relay information.
- Assist in the planning of class reunions held during Alumni Weekend, especially if they are in a reunion year. This involves attending a planning meeting, offering suggestions, helping to host or making telephone calls, all of which are coordinated through the College.
- Provide evaluations, advice and feedback to the College regarding its fund raising, career development, admission efforts and other activities.
- Assist the Hendrix alumni office in maintaining current alumni addresses and telephone numbers.
- Serve on one or more of the Board committees.
- Support the Alumni Loyalty Fund during each year in which you serve.
This committee works closely with admission staff to identify and cultivate prospective students and to provide other types of assistance in meeting the College's enrollment goals.
This committee's charge is to select award recipients, including those for the Distinguished Alumni, the Humanitarian Award, and James E. Major Service Award, and any other awards the Board of Governors might choose to establish.
Career Services Committee
This committee's charge is to involve alumni in the institution, to assist in finding potential employment and internship sites for students and graduates, and to discuss with students their professions or job areas, either on campus or in their businesses.
This committee's charge is to help the College communicate the story of Hendrix to its constituents through college publications and the media. Committee members help keep the College aware of how the public perceives the College and alert staff members to issues of concern.
The Development Committee works with the development staff of the college to help plan ways to raise money from alumni and is involved in alumni deferred giving programs, class giving, and other efforts to bring gifts to the College. Members also help assure consistent giving by Alumni Board members as well as all alumni.
This committee is charged with selecting the most effective Board of Governors. Its members meet as necessary to determine the needs of the Board of Governors, to identify alumni to meet those needs, to recruit them, and to orient them when they are elected. The nominating committee reviews the performance of current Board of Governors members, and also recommends a slate of officers to the full Board of Governors for election.
The Program Committee
This committee is responsible for providing input, suggestions and evaluations for alumni programming, including Alumni Weekend and Alumni Chapter programs, and for participating in and encouraging participation in these activities. The committee also assists in bringing issues concerning visibility and development before the full board of governors for discussion, as needed by the office of development and college relations.
Ad hoc committees are formed to respond to special needs of the Board or College.