In order to provide adequate orientation that is necessary for transition into Hendrix College, we enroll international students only in the fall semester of each academic year.
Hendrix College operates on an Early Action application schedule. The Early Action admission processes is non-binding, meaning that students who apply and are admitted under Early Action are not required to enroll at Hendrix. Regular Decision application
is also available.
Admission decisions are based upon academic competence and preparation, dedication to learning, and motivation to participate fully in the Hendrix community. Hendrix is nonsectarian in its admission decisions. We seek students of varied interests
and talents, representative of many social, economic, and geographical backgrounds. Admission is not limited by age, race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin of the applicant. Hendrix expects students to demonstrate their seriousness of purpose by participating in a college preparatory curriculum throughout
their high school careers.
How to Apply:
- Complete the Common Application online for free. You may access
the Common Application and other required application materials at
www.hendrix.edu/apply . Students from Jiangsu Province in China may use the application provided by JESIE.
- Submit an essay or personal statement in English. You will find instructions on the actual application form.
- Submit one official copy of transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary academic work translated into English. Transcripts must reflect the school’s seal and be signed by the appropriate school official. The transcripts should be uploaded via the Common Application or sent to Hendrix
directly from the school in a sealed envelope.
- International students must submit an official score report for one or more of the following tests: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). SAT or ACT is optional but encouraged.
- Submit an International Student Certificate of Finance indicating that you have ample funds for one full year's expenses at Hendrix College. The International Student Financial Aid Application is optional but encouraged. Once either of these forms are complete, please email them directly to the Office of Admission at email@example.com.
- If you are a transfer student, download a
Dean of Student Affairs Recommendation form and have it completed and returned to Hendrix by the most recent college or university you have attended.
What we consider when reviewing an application from an international student:
- The level of academic preparation to succeed at Hendrix College as documented by the quality, rigor, and breadth of the student’s academic record – the transcript – and, of course, by how well the applicant performed in the courses he or she has taken.
- Confirmation that the applicant is prepared to succeed at Hendrix as documented by standardized test scores (such as TOEFL, IELTS, etc.).
- Non-native English speakers must provide official results of the TOEFL, IELTS. English proficiency may be substantiated by meeting one of the following requirements:
Insights to the candidate’s personality, fit for the Hendrix community, and writing ability as evidenced from the essay or personal statement.
Insights to the candidate’s personality and fit for the Hendrix community as indicated by letters of recommendation from the applicant’s teacher(s) and/or counselor.
We look for well-rounded, active students as evidenced by their list of extracurricular activities and special talents.
Evidence of the family’s ability to afford the cost of a Hendrix education.
- TOEFL internet-based minimum score – 79
- TOEFL paper-based minimum score – 550
- IELTS total ban minimum total score – 6.5