What is newsworthy? At Hendrix ... almost everything. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share a news item or story idea.
For faculty and staff
Here are some examples of items that the Office of Communications would
like to hear about so that we can include them in news releases, the website, social
media, college publications, etc.:
- New academic programs or new approaches to engaged learning, teaching, and
- Academic honors of students; professional achievements of faculty and staff
(e.g. awards, grants, publications, conference attendance, etc.)
- Community activities or service of Hendrix alumni, faculty, staff, and students
(e.g. mission work, community development, volunteer service, etc.)
- Engaged learning projects of students and faculty (e.g. international study,
internships, research, service, etc.)
- Public events on campus (e.g. artistic, athletic, cultural, intellectual,
- Unique hobbies or pastimes of alumni, students, faculty, and staff
(Communications staff members are available to help faculty and
staff manage media requests and prepare for interviews, upon request.)
For the media
The Office of Communications can identify the best source for a story
on a case-by-case basis to ensure reporters are able to produce the most accurate
To arrange an interview with a Hendrix College faculty or staff member or to
arrange a photograph or video on campus, contact Amy Forbus at 501-450-1462 or email@example.com.
*Due to FERPA, we cannot give out student contact information or any of the
following items: social security number, citizenship, gender, ethnicity, religious
preference, grades, GPA, daily class schedules.