Tuesday October 18, 2011
6:30 p.m. Campbell Dinning Room
Student Life and Technology Center
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns
- Remind your constituents about Founders Day – October 27!
- Senators can go to Pamela Owens’ office in Fausett for a tshirt.
- Interdisciplinary minors (Blake Tierney)
- Desh and LaRonda will take it to AP.
- The TVs are still on in SLTC after hours (Adelia)
- Dr. Carney-Hall is on it.
- Can we get a separate water dispenser in the caf? The lines for soda are LONG! (LaRonda)
- Cara will talk to Mike Florry and the caf people.
IV. Departmental Liaison Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Academic Policy with LaRonda Mitchell
- Desh and LaR are going to faculty meeting on WEDNESDAY to talk about the Collegiate Center
- If you have any comments and concerns send them their way…
- Financial Committee with Clay Christian
- Committee on Everything Awesome with Dean Jim Wiltgen and Dr. Karla Carney-Hall
- Everything is still awesome… No report…
- Media Committee with Courtney Johnson
- Mandatory meeting at 4pm for Profile Writers
- Photoshoot Extravaganza:
- On Friday, October 28 come to the Art Building from 7:30-9:30 to have your photograph taken IN COSTUME. There will be a backdrop set-up as well as props. Photos will be available for purchase in both digital and printed formats.
Digital File: $3
4x6 print: $5
5x7 print: $7
8x10 print: $10
All proceeds will benefit The Baobab Home, an orphanage for abandoned children in Bagamoyo, Tanzania. In December, Dr. Anne Goldberg, Maxine Payne, Ruthie Hokans, and Courtney Johnson will travel to Tanzania and present the donations to The Baobab home in person. Please help us support this wonderful organization!
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Emily Canon
- ECC Campout is this Friday at Petit Jean State park.
- National Food Day Monday, Oct. 24
- Love Food Hate Waste day long demonstration in the Caf
- Screening of Fresh at 8 in Mills C.
- Multicultural Development Committee with Calvin Pun
- Diwali festival of lights coming up Thursday 27th
- Indian food/Priest/lecture
- More info tba
- Campus Kitty with Malena Outhay
- Campus Kitty and the Apartment Complex Council will be hosting a kick-AWESOME Haunted House at the SLTC on October 29 from 9:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
- The Haunted House will begin with a ride in the sPoOKy freight elevator and will end...with DEATH.
- Come prepared to be scared! There will be an entrance fee of a canned good or $2.
- Students can pick up a "fast pass" wristband in the sun porch from Oct 24 - Oct 28 at lunch when they bring a canned food or monetary donation--these wristbands will allow access to the fast pass line (shorter wait, better experience).
- As always, all proceeds will benefit CK charities!
- Social Committee with Will Phillips
- Volunteer Action Committee with Rachel Robbins
- Harvest Fest is October 26 from 4-7. We still need a lot of volunteers for this so please contact me if you are interested.
- This Saturday is The Big Event. We will be cleaning up trash near Hendrix to downtown Conway. If interest contact Emily Smith at SmithEL@hendrix.edu.
- We will be screening Miss Representation this Thursday at 7 in Worsham.
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with Daniel Williams and LaRonda Mitchell
- Communications Committee with Adelia Shiffraw
- Met with Blake and will be meeting with the entire committee this week
- Thinking about…
- Possibly making an organization w/in CommComm that helps/centralizes student orgs and their communication efforts
- Different types of advertising (ie social media), and making more transparent/clear/accessible the available resources
- (Student Orgs manual through the student activities page does have communications info)
- how to advertise on the SLTC TV’s
- SUBMIT THROUGH TABLE TALK WITH A GRAPHIC
- How can we boost student interaction and senate transparency?
- Senate lunch table once or twice a month, senate sponsored res-hall events, giveaways at meetings (Koozies finally?) etc.
- Committee on Committees with Gabe Breshears
- Executive Committee with Desh Deepak
VII. New Business