Tuesday November 6, 2007
6:30 p.m. Mills Library
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
- Elections for Junior Class Senator - Monday from 8-5 in the Burrow
- Jamie Jennings, Alana Buie, and Katie Proehl
- Shirttails Committee is getting things together and having another meeting.
- Senate welcomes new Veasey Hall Senator Annie French
III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns
- Possibility to get a Kroger card? Katie Pearce is going to talk to Tonya Hale; we might already have one, so KP is following up on it.
IV. Departmental Liaison Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Multicultural Development Committee with James Murray
- Social Committee with Sam Jackson
- Media Committee with Megan Wooley
- November 30 – Profile comes out.
- Yearbook –
- NOTE TO SENIORS: get information in by December 1st to Connie Yue. Send $10 if you want the yearbook to be mailed to you (include home address).
- Send name, quote, major/minor, and a photo!
- Last year’s yearbooks should still come out in January!
- Council on Residence Life with Robert Fureigh
- Campus Kitty with Hina Mehta
- December 3, 2007 – in the Burrow… Faculty Variety Show (time to be announced).
- December 4, 2007 – holiday bazaar in the Burrow.
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Maggie McKinney
- Showing Pee Wee’s Big Adventure in the upcoming future.
- ***Request to tell bike group that a few of the bikes in the Library are dis-functional.
- The new healthy and environment-friendly cups are going to be showing up soon, too!
- Academic Policy with Katie Pearce
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with BJ Fogleman and Katie Pearce
- Senate folders for all Senators soon
- Email BJ if you have questions.
- Finance Committee with Samantha Bode
- Communications Committee with Lin Poff
- Committee on Committees with Shlok Vaidya
- Going over shirttails document NEXT WEEK (get ready, could be a long one).
- Executive Committee with Will Green
- SHIRTTAILS: no focus groups, new survey!
- Must have a 75% student-response survey… PLEASE PUT IN YOUR NOTES THAT ON DECEMBER 1st, A SURVEY WILL BE COMING OUT AND WE NEED EVERYONE TO RESPOND!
- This is an online survey and the 75% of the student-response means 75% of the ENTIRE STUDENT BODY. That’s the only way the data will be considered statistical reliable.
- Administration tried to hire a Doctor since Nurse Donna will be leaving, and the administration will be following it up with contracting with a doctor to…
- This will increase services, provide better services, etc. etc.
- We are still interviewing for an APN.
- We are not meeting on November 20, 2007.
- The date of our annual Christmas party will be announced at the next meeting (Dr. Hardin will be cooking for us).
VI. Unfinished Business
VII. New Business
VIII. Adjournment until November 13, 2007
Clean up: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior