We have had a number of people fall victim to recent scam email, which has allowed their email accounts to be compromised and then used to send additional spam emails.
As a reminder, to protect yourself (and your friends and colleagues) from being a victim of spam:
- Never respond to unsolicited email
- Never send your personal information, such as credit card numbers or passwords in response to an email.
- Never click on a URL or web address listed within an email unless it is from a trusted source
- Never sign up with sites that promise to remove you from spam lists
- Delete any email that is obvious spam.
If in doubt about the validity of an email, directly contact the company or person that sent it, or forward the email to
HelpDesk@hendrix.edu and we will evaluate it.
Some additional information regarding Spam email is available online by following the links below: