In order to develop into well-versed biochemists, and to be
prepared for future education in graduate and professional schools or careers in the
life science, BCMB majors will be able to:
- Describe, interpret, and integrate foundational and core
concepts in the discipline.
- Conduct appropriate scientific literature and database searches.
- Develop hypotheses and propose appropriate experiments to test them.
- Conduct research effectively as an individual and as a team
- Design and/or conduct experiments and record/archive the data appropriately.
- Perform experiments safely in the laboratory.
- Analyze and interpret experimental results using appropriate quantitative tools.
- Summarize and express information orally, visually and in
- Recognize the ethical issues involved in both the conduct of
research and in the dimensions of research.