13 or 14 courses distributed as follows:
- MATH 130 Calculus I
- MATH 140 Calculus II
- PHYS 210 General Physics I or PHYS 230 General Physics I (Calculus-based)
- CHEM 110 and 120 General Chemistry I and II
CHEM 150 Accelerated General Chemistry
- CHEM 240 Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 250 Organic Chemistry II
- BIOL 150 Cell Biology
- BIOL 250 Genetics
- CHEM 320 Physical Chemistry: Thermodynamics and Chemical Kinetics
- CHEM 330 Biological Chemistry
- CHEM 335 Advanced Biological Chemistry
- BIOL 355 Advanced Cell Biology
- 1 additional upper level elective course from the following list
- BIOL 310 Developmental Biology
- BIOL 320 Animal Physiology
- BIOL 325 Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience
- BIOL 340 Microbiology
- BIOL 370 Plant Physiology
- BIOL 430 Immunology
- BIOL 460 Evolution
- BIOL 465 Molecular Evolution and Bioinformatics
- BIOL 470 Advanced Genetics
Research (BCMB 498 Independent Research, or BCMB X99 Independent Research):
Subject to prior approval by the BCMB faculty.
Research credit for work done either:
- a) during one summer (at least 8 weeks full-time work) at Hendrix or an off-campus summer research experience such as work under an REU program. All research projects must be pre-approved by the BCMB chair.
- b) two semesters work at Hendrix.
All majors must take BCMB 497 BCMB Senior Seminar, which does not carry course credit.
Senior Capstone Experience
The Senior Capstone Experience consists of a comprehensive examination (the Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology Graduate Record Examination), the submission of a research paper based on the student’s research, and participation in BCMB 497
Senior Seminar which includes an oral presentation of the student’s research. The research paper and oral presentation will be assessed by members of the BCMB faculty.