Through the completion of the requirement for the History Major, students will:
- Develop intellectual depth and broad empirical knowledge of diverse regions, time periods, and cultures.
- Learn a variety of approaches to the practice of historical analysis.
- Develop a set of skills that are central to the craft of history, including the ability to:
- Research relevant historical sources
- Critically analyze primary and secondary
- Express ideas orally in the presence of others
- Create written arguments based upon the presentation of evidence and analysis