In fulfilling the requirements for a major in the Economics
and Business Department, students:
- Master the foundations of accounting principles and economic
- Develop the depth of knowledge appropriate to their choice
of specific major and master the fundamental tools necessary to succeed in
graduate and professional school as well as in a career.
- Understand the fundamentals of business and economic problem
solving with application to contemporary social and political issues.
- Employ discipline specific tools of critical analysis and
- Learn technology skills appropriate for use in economic and
- Effectively communicate economic and/or financial
information orally and in writing to people with various levels of business
The department provides opportunities for students to
- Learn experientially through activities such as simulations,
internships, and undergraduate research in order to apply the theories they
have learned in the classroom.
networks and relationships with alumni and local business leaders and
participate in seminars and round table discussions.