In fulfilling the requirements for a major in the Economics and Business Department, students:
- Master the foundations of accounting principles and economic theories and acquire the depth of knowledge appropriate to their choice of specific major
- Master the fundamental tools necessary to succeed in graduate and professional school as well as in a career.
- Are able to apply discipline specific tools of critical analysis and problem solving to contemporary social and political issues.
- Learn technology skills appropriate for use in economic and business analysis.
- Effectively communicate economic and/or financial information orally and in writing to people with various levels of business acumen.
The department provides opportunities for students to
- Learn experientially through activities such as simulations,
internships, and undergraduate research in order to apply the theories they
have learned in the classroom.
networks and relationships with alumni and local business leaders and
participate in seminars and round table discussions.
Hendrix Master of Arts in Accounting Learning Goals
The Hendrix College
Master of Arts (MA) in Accounting degree provides advanced education in
financial and managerial accounting, taxation, auditing, and information
systems combined with quantitative analytical skills necessary for students to
pursue positions of leadership in business, non-profits, government, and
fulfilling the requirements for the MA in Accounting degree from the Economics
and Business Department, students will:
- Master deep knowledge of accounting principles and related economic theories
- Develop research skills to analyze accounting and business problems
- Develop high-level critical thinking and analytical skills useful in managerial decision making
- Work effectively in solving business problems both independently and collaboratively as team members
- Develop strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate professional judgment
- Develop enhanced capabilities for employment opportunities
- Acquire necessary credentials qualifying them to sit for the CPA exam in Arkansas