We're open virtually! Book an appointment.
Greetings, Hendrix Community!
We begin by sending you our best wishes during these trying times
Please know that The Writing Center is still here for you!
As we weather the COVID-19 pandemic, our writing assistance will continue remotely.
The difference is we will work by appointment only. Simply go to the link above and we will set up a video chat with you. Here's some information on what to expect.
If, however, you would like to work through email only, please let us know as you make your appointment (there is a "Comments" box in our scheduling app).
Also, note that our hours have changed to adjust to the world of remote instruction. But rest assured: we will work with you with the same care and enthusiasm.
Contact Felipe Pruneda Senties, Director, at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Best of luck! We look forward to working with you again.
The Writing Center
Writing can be a lonely activity, but it is much, much better when it is not. Testing your writing with an audience before you submit it is a valuable skill. The Hendrix College Writing Center is a collaborative place where trained readers assist you in sharpening your words. We are devoted to giving students the tools to become more confident and efficient writers.
Regardless of major, Writing Associates - all fellow students - assist writers in developing academic writing skills and strategies such as...
- analyzing assignments
- finding personal inspiration for a topic
- writing to a general or specific audience
- revising to improve the flow of ideas
- using proper style to format a paper and to cite sources
- identifying and avoiding frequent grammar and wording errors
- working with peers to elicit feedback on writing
Associates will not plagiarize by...
- editing a student's paper to fix all grammar and wording errors
- writing or rewriting any part of a paper
To get the most out of a visit, students should bring...
- the professor's description of assignment
- ideas about how to approach the topic
- a printout of the work completed so far
- specific questions to ask the associate about the paper