Do you find yourself slumped over a desk the night before a paper is due? Can’t seem to figure out how in-text citation works? Nervous about accidental plagiarism? Don’t know when the writing center is open? Well… you have come to the right page. At Hendrix College, we are devoted to giving students the tools to become more confident and efficient writers.
Regardless of major, tutors help writers to develop academic writing skills and strategies such as...
- analyzing assignments
- finding personal inspiration for a topic
- writing to a general or specific audience
- revising to improve the flow of ideas
- using proper style to format a paper and to cite sources
- identifying and avoiding frequent grammar and wording errors
- working with peers to elicit feedback on writing
Tutors will not plagiarize by...
- editing a student's paper to fix all grammar and wording errors
- writing or rewriting any part of a paper
To get the most out of a visit, students should bring...
- the professor's description of assignment
- ideas about how the student wants to approach the topic
- a printout of the work completed so far
- specific questions to ask the tutor about the paper