Hendrix College supports your decision to drive electric and asks that you follow the following rules to make the most of this initiative:
1. Safety first: Practice safe charging. This means properly managing the cord during and after charging. Avoid overstretching the cord, and do not place it such that it comes in contact with another vehicle.
2. Parking: Internal combustion vehicles - including hybrid vehicles - are prohibited from parking in charge spots designated for plug-in cars. Contact Public Safety is this occurs at 501-450-7711.
3. Signage : Electric vehicles must adhere to the posted signs.
4. Usage: Don't charge if you don't need a charge. Leave the spot free for another electric vehicle driver who might need the charge to complete his or her travels without gasoline. Your home charger should be your primary charging location, use the workplace charging to augment your home charge. Over time the number of electric vehicles on campus will exceed the number of charging stations- and therefore you should only utilize them when necessary.
5. Campus charging is a privilege, not a right: Remember, charging your vehicle in a campus provided charge spot is a privilege and is available on a first come first serve basis. Hendrix College does not guarantee that a charging station will be available for participants' use.
6. Access: Do not share your Charge Point access badge with others