Hendrix College is seeking a Director of English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and International Student Services (ISS) in the Office of International Programs. The Director provides leadership in the areas of ESOL education and international student support. This is a twelve-month position reporting to the Hendrix Director of International Programs.
Key job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and leading a comprehensive, intensive English summer program for incoming international students.
- Serve as ESOL instructor.
- Directs continued ESOL support for international students during academic year through both courses and other mechanisms.
- Organizes and coordinates orientation program for incoming international and exchange students.
- Serves as Responsible Officer (SEVIS) for issuing paperwork necessary for international students to obtain visas; advises students on immigration issues; troubleshoots related problems.
- Provides ongoing international programming on campus and in the community.
- Liaises with the International/Intercultural Studies Committee and Office of Admission as needed.
The successful candidate will have a Master's degree in Teaching English to speakers of other languages, Applied Linguistics, or closely related field; five or more years of administrative experiences in an Intensive English (or similar) Program; and two or more years of experience with SEVIS and international student services.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references via email to email@example.com or to Hendrix College Human Resources, 1600 Washington Ave, Conway, AR 72032. Application via email is encouraged.
Hendrix College adheres to the principle of equal
educational and employment opportunity without regard to age, race, gender,
disability, sexual orientation, or national origin. Further, the College is committed to the
maintenance of an atmosphere of civility and respect for all students, faculty,